Sign in to follow this  
valentina

HELP! Jet glue problem

My Dd’s teacher put Jet Glue into her pointe shoe after class which has now set into a nasty uncomfortable lump. The shoes still have life in them, only worn a couple of times, so it’s frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas how to sort this? Or is it impossible now that the glue is well set. I always find shellac so much better to use.

Thanks in advance.

Gosh - Jet Glue should be watery so I can’t imagine how it would set into a lump! Was it old, I wonder? 

I’ve never tried removing it because it’s always dried as a thin hardening layer in dd’s shoes, but if you google “Remove Superglue” it does suggest using a small amount of acetone nail varnish remover which might dissolve the glue.   Might be worth a try?

Good luck - if it doesn’t help, I’d give them to the teacher and ask her what she suggests! 

Good idea! I was a little surprised that the teacher went ahead and did this after class when her shoes are still very damp and sweaty!

Its more that the bottom of the block is now very uneven which makes pirouettes impossible!

You could try sanding it down with sandpaper - my dd has done this before if jet glue has left uneven surface 

• Like 2

I presume the teacher did this without your permission or explaining what she was doing and warning of any possible damage. 

If if so I would be looking for the teacher to cover the cost of replacement. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

I presume the teacher did this without your permission or explaining what she was doing and warning of any possible damage. 

If if so I would be looking for the teacher to cover the cost of replacement. 

If only I was this brave!  She’s at vocational school.

Even better. I’d be emailing a complaint to the head of dance or even the principal and asking what the school are going no to do about it. (Yes I am one of “those” parents!)

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight
  • Like 5