coniger

LRBS - London Russian Ballet school

Does anyone know where the graduates of this school end up?  I can't find any details.

TIA

Coniger x

I know of one girl who graduated last year and is now working with the Mikhailovsky... I believe others are working in classical companies in Europe and America.

53 minutes ago, swanprincess said:

I know of one girl who graduated last year and is now working with the Mikhailovsky... I believe others are working in classical companies in Europe and America.

Swanprincess would you have any idea at all how many hours a day ballet is studied?

I can find out for you! 

I have a friend at the school, and from what I understand, he has a ballet class every day (6 or 7 days a week) and contemporary most days, then repertoire and rehearsals. So I imagine about 4-6 hours of ballet per day but will find out and let you know xx

13 minutes ago, swanprincess said:

I can find out for you! 

I have a friend at the school, and from what I understand, he has a ballet class every day (6 or 7 days a week) and contemporary most days, then repertoire and rehearsals. So I imagine about 4-6 hours of ballet per day but will find out and let you know xx

thank you so much I really appreciate it

On 08/02/2019 at 10:57, swanprincess said:

Further to my previous comment... I see that LRBS have announced on their social media that a boy from the school has a contract with the Plovdiv Ballet Theatre in Bulgaria, and a girl has a contract with the Georgian National Ballet- congratulations to these wonderful dancers! :) 

Hopefully this also answers your question Coniger regarding graduate destinations :)