KeepDancing!!

Good luck/Audition Results 2019

Yes results for most things seem to have come out a bit quicker this year. Will it be sooner than end of March/April?

• Like 1

I hadn’t realised that final WL results contained MA offers? If MA isn’t mentioned in results this week are we correct to assume no MA place is being offered either?

On 12/03/2019 at 08:56, Newdancermum said:

I have heard that Year 7 WL offers for girls are out and also those continuing mid associates have been told about their places. Mids offers can’t be far behind although it has been into April some years.

Sorry, above post references RBS in response to this reply.

27 minutes ago, MrsDanceMammy said:

I hadn’t realised that final WL results contained MA offers? If MA isn’t mentioned in results this week are we correct to assume no MA place is being offered either?

No, current MAs who had their assessments have been told if they can continue with MAs next year.

The MA results for new applicants from auditions will be sent out before Easter.

1 hour ago, KeepDancing!! said:

No, current MAs who had their assessments have been told if they can continue with MAs next year.

The MA results for new applicants from auditions will be sent out before Easter.

Thank you, I’ve re-read and it makes sense now 🙈. Thank you 🙏 

Hi all. Was there a waiting list also given out at this years WL final? My DD was a no but I wondered how much of a no she was?

I know of 2 on wait list. Im guessing after the ones that got in the ones in the recall were next in line xx

WL waitlist is a very small list usually of only 5 children so huge congrats to those children and all of those who made it to finals- a huge achievement for all of them.

11 hours ago, Aklf said:

WL waitlist is a very small list usually of only 5 children so huge congrats to those children and all of those who made it to finals- a huge achievement for all of them.

Yes. I absolutely agree. Huge congratulations to all 53 short listed to finals. We’ve found it a very difficult process to deal with but a bit of toughening up for us is clearly in order. But as newbies we’ll learn. These forums help enormously when one is left with so many unanswered questions and disappointment can be an isolating place. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AuditionIngenu said:

Yes. I absolutely agree. Huge congratulations to all 53 short listed to finals. We’ve found it a very difficult process to deal with but a bit of toughening up for us is clearly in order. But as newbies we’ll learn. These forums help enormously when one is left with so many unanswered questions and disappointment can be an isolating place. 

You can take comfort in the knowledge that your Dd obviously shows potential to get to finals and that a  ‘no’ can sometimes be incredibly beneficial in terms of finding other experiences/ routes/ to get there in the end. My Dd has had some no’s and some yes’s and looking back, she is incredibly grateful that it wasn’t  necessarily a ‘yes’ first time as she had to think more creatively, work harder and have more persistence, not to mention the wealth of different teachers and their expertise she’s experienced along the way. Even a ‘yes’ first time, is just the beginning of an long and incredibly up and down journey. Good Luck to your Dd for the future.

• Like 1

Also, just to add to the above, it might be useful for you,  for your Dd’s teacher ( not associate teacher) to ask for feedback from Mr  Annear. They are happy to give a small amount of feedback from a final although you may need to be patient.

Has anyone heard about MA offers yet? DD has 2 friends who applied for MA places in the Manchester area, and I have my fingers crossed for them 😀

Edited by richieN

I don’t think any MA results are out yet. I think the current Mids who have had assessments have found out if they have another year. But don’t think new applications have heard. Really hope it’s not too much longer. Good Luck for your friends 

Thanks, that sounds about right. I know that not all the Mids have been assessed yet, so should hear more when that has happened.

21 hours ago, Dancermum2003 said:

Anyone else at RBS Upper School today? 

Hi yes my dd was at RBS Upper School on Saturday. Then ENBS afterwards . It’s been a tough weekend 

• Like 1

Dear Mums. My DD has a final audition tomorrow. She got ill after her WL (resulting in a No!) final due to what I can only assume was stress but says she wants to try for this audition. I am so conflicted. My stomach is churning. Words of wisdom and how to deal with another No.....please? 

You might be dealing with a yes! Just go, keep calm she can only try her best and show her love of dance. Not many people avoid having the dreaded ‘ No’ (ours was after WL finals and never even got a yes to Elmhurst finals!) at some point but it will make you re-evaluate. My daughter now at a Grammar school and dancing with a brilliant teacher in the evenings. This time last year never would have thought she would be so happy and loving learning German! I always try and believe in fate. A ‘no’ may feel like the end of the world but put things in perspective it really isn’t. My DD and I have had some really fun times along our journey and who knows what the future holds for any of them. My DD has become very resilient after No’s and I love that about her!!!! Your job is to encourage and motivate your daughter and make it fun rather than stressful. If it’s another No perhaps she is not ready,yet. We changed dance schools to one much more serious rather than our local one which was more ‘fun’. Good training takes time so I think patience can always pay dividends x

• Like 1

I think it's important for children to know the statistics when they go for WL/Elmhurst etc auditions. It really helps if they understand the bigger picture. A 'no' doesn't mean "you're rubbish." It means nothing more than "we saw hundreds of dancers your age, and we chose 12 that scored maybe only half a mark more than you".

• Like 3

My ds was at Elmhurst today. He had a really positive experience. Having had not such a good experience on Monday at Tring. He is unlikely to get a place at either but we are super proud that he was even selected to go up against those who have had years of full-time training (year 10 entry). We have told him he is in a win win situation - he is at a great Grammar school already and if he doesn't get in he will stay at a great school. If he does get in he'll move to a different great school. 

• Like 1

Thanks you Dancer 123, Glissade and Balletbrokemybank

Right...forging on.....don't suppose the three of you fancy coming with us? 

I am just new to this world. My DD is so much more resilient than I am but if she can go tomorrow in her normal high and positive spirits she'll have a wonderful time whatever the outcome. I can't promise you won't be hearing from me again though. 🙂

Thanks again lovely people.  Looking forward to being in a more 'experienced' place and being able to give back to this forum one day soon.

• Like 1