Good luck/Audition Results 2019

KeepDancing!!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mums. My DD has a final audition tomorrow. She got ill after her WL (resulting in a No!) final due to what I can only assume was stress but says she wants to try for this audition. I am so conflicted. My stomach is churning. Words of wisdom and how to deal with another No.....please? 

You might be dealing with a yes! Just go, keep calm she can only try her best and show her love of dance. Not many people avoid having the dreaded ‘ No’ (ours was after WL finals and never even got a yes to Elmhurst finals!) at some point but it will make you re-evaluate. My daughter now at a Grammar school and dancing with a brilliant teacher in the evenings. This time last year never would have thought she would be so happy and loving learning German! I always try and believe in fate. A ‘no’ may feel like the end of the world but put things in perspective it really isn’t. My DD and I have had some really fun times along our journey and who knows what the future holds for any of them. My DD has become very resilient after No’s and I love that about her!!!! Your job is to encourage and motivate your daughter and make it fun rather than stressful. If it’s another No perhaps she is not ready,yet. We changed dance schools to one much more serious rather than our local one which was more ‘fun’. Good training takes time so I think patience can always pay dividends x

• Like 1

I think it's important for children to know the statistics when they go for WL/Elmhurst etc auditions. It really helps if they understand the bigger picture. A 'no' doesn't mean "you're rubbish." It means nothing more than "we saw hundreds of dancers your age, and we chose 12 that scored maybe only half a mark more than you".

• Like 3

My ds was at Elmhurst today. He had a really positive experience. Having had not such a good experience on Monday at Tring. He is unlikely to get a place at either but we are super proud that he was even selected to go up against those who have had years of full-time training (year 10 entry). We have told him he is in a win win situation - he is at a great Grammar school already and if he doesn't get in he will stay at a great school. If he does get in he'll move to a different great school. 

• Like 1

Thanks you Dancer 123, Glissade and Balletbrokemybank

Right...forging on.....don't suppose the three of you fancy coming with us? 

I am just new to this world. My DD is so much more resilient than I am but if she can go tomorrow in her normal high and positive spirits she'll have a wonderful time whatever the outcome. I can't promise you won't be hearing from me again though. 🙂

Thanks again lovely people.  Looking forward to being in a more 'experienced' place and being able to give back to this forum one day soon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dopedeedoo said:

Might see you there auditioningenu my dd is in group 1. Safely in b and b watching Paddjngton as we speak!! 😁 trying to stay positive for tomorrow 😁😁

Dear Dopedeedoo

Here's my DD and I ......wishing you and your DD all the very very best of luck tomorrow. ***** We're group 1 too. I'll be the one looking totally bedraggled after a mad dash up the M40!! 

Sleep well and hope its a fun day. I'm feeling much more positive.

13 hours ago, glissade said:

I think it's important for children to know the statistics when they go for WL/Elmhurst etc auditions. It really helps if they understand the bigger picture. A 'no' doesn't mean "you're rubbish." It means nothing more than "we saw hundreds of dancers your age, and we chose 12 that scored maybe only half a mark more than you".

So, so true! Good to be reminded of this when it feels as though they're only getting rejections. 

• Like 1

About 10 years ago his ballet teacher told DS that for the panel it's like having a box of delicious biscuits in front of you and you're only allowed to chose 1 or 2. If you're not the one chosen that day it doesn't make you any less delicious, they just can't choose them all!!

(At 18 he was the biscuit everyone wanted and had full funding/scholarships offered from all auditions ……..)

Good luck to all the DC

• Like 7

1 hour ago, w445403 said:

About 10 years ago his ballet teacher told DS that for the panel it's like having a box of delicious biscuits in front of you and you're only allowed to chose 1 or 2. If you're not the one chosen that day it doesn't make you any less delicious, they just can't choose them all!!

(At 18 he was the biscuit everyone wanted and had full funding/scholarships offered from all auditions ……..)

Good luck to all the DC

How lovely is that.. I will say that to my youngest dd as she is auditioning for JA’s in May for a year 5 place. she had a fantastic ballet exam result resulting in her teacher suggesting going to the JA audition,  my only worry is .....how do I put this... she is of a (solid build ) and I think this will go against her. My oldest dd was a JA and was very petite.. I think that is a lovely way of putting it to her.. as she loves biscuits too 😉 x

• Like 5

Just wanted to say what a lovely day my dd has at elmhurst finals yesterday. She really enjoyed the class and met some lovely girls during the day. We saw them walking around the school chatting and smiling. Well done Elmhurst for creating a friendly atmosphere for what is obviously a big day. Made a good end to a long and arduous process, whatever the outcome. Good luck to all xx

Edited by Dopedeedoo
  • Like 5

DD's friend was at Tring and Elmhurst this week and after getting a no from WL finals it left her quite down.  Thankfully a last-minute lesson at the weekend perked her up and she has come away from both feeling positive with all thoughts of WL behind her.  She wasn't called for physio at Tring and is aware that this is may not be a good sign and she may end up with three nos but is already asking what she would need to do to do better next time round.

Fingers crossed for all those waiting on results.  It appeared from earlier in the week that Tring hoped to have results out quickly but I take there has been no news today and it will be next week now along with Elmhurst.  We are planning something to celebrate her hard work either way so I will we keeping an eye out next week.

• Like 2

Can't quite believe I'm posting this but DS has been offered an MDS place at Hammond for year 8!!!

It's already been a long journey of nos and he's worked so hard for this I am so proud of his resilience.

To those who have received nos this time round, don't give up hope.

xx

• Like 19

6 minutes ago, PenguinBoysMum said:

Can't quite believe I'm posting this but DS has been offered an MDS place at Hammond for year 8!!!

It's already been a long journey of nos and he's worked so hard for this I am so proud of his resilience.

xx

Huge congratulations PenguinBoy! Exciting times ahead!

36 minutes ago, PenguinBoysMum said:

xx

So pleased for you! DM me nearer September and I can put your DS in touch with my daughter and others in her year if he wants to say hi before he starts x

• Like 2

(Sorry I posted in the questions part and not sure how to delete!) My dd has an mds offer at Hammond year 7. We are delighted although I cried at the thought of her leaving me. We are waiting on Tring and Elmhurst results before we decide 100% but she is very happy.

• Like 6

Congratulations Ms Sunshine .

My pupil also has MDS for Hammond year 7 !! Same boat as you , in that we are waiting on Tring and Elmhurst !!

I thought Tring would be quicker than this but there are so few MDS there , we are not optimistic for that one , even though she did get a physio check .

Which school is your daughter’s first choice ?

They may end up together - and they probably know each other from the ‘ circuit ‘ !

All the best for your other results anyway .

Tutugirl