KeepDancing!!

Good luck/Audition Results 2019

Last year there were two groups indeed of year 7 girls on rotation throughout the day but there was definitely not more than 35 to forty girls in attendance. Some had dropped out. 

I cannot comment on the boys sorry. 

• Like 1

Good luck for all Y8, 9, 10 & 11 girls for WL finals tomorrow.

• Like 2

On 07/02/2019 at 22:05, Dancing Kitty said:

DD knows someone with a finals place for Year 10.

Dancing Kitty is that for RBS or Elmhurst? Xx

Good luck everyone, xx

3 hours ago, TBG said:

Dancing Kitty is that for RBS or Elmhurst? Xx

Good luck everyone, xx

This was for RBS as far as I recall as that was what the thread was referring to at the time.  She has recently told me that she in aware that a number from Years 7, 8 and 9 have unfortunately been unsuccessful in this year's assessments.  Sad times for a number of families.  Hoping that places can be found at other schools for those who wish to continue with vocation training.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dancing Kitty said:

This was for RBS as far as I recall as that was what the thread was referring to at the time.  She has recently told me that she in aware that a number from Years 7, 8 and 9 have unfortunately been unsuccessful in this year's assessments.  Sad times for a number of families.  Hoping that places can be found at other schools for those who wish to continue with vocation training.

Thank you. That is heartbreaking to hear, as those poor children are not only about to move schools but essentially home as well and needing to make new friendships at their new school. It does beg the question about whether RBS is run as a school or a business?  Surely it is a failure on their part if children do not pass their assessment. Should they not perseverie and put everything into the training for those children. As we all know children are an unknown entity as they grow and change, at least give them a chance to prove themselves. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Dancing Kitty said:

Think it’s important to report correctly about such sensitive issues. Yr 7 White Lodge do an assessment but are not  ‘assessed out’.  No yr 7’s were assessed out this year as in previous years. There may be occasional pupils who leave in Yr 7 due to unforeseen circumstances but it is not to do with assessments.

1 hour ago, valentina said:

Think it’s important to report correctly about such sensitive issues. Yr 7 White Lodge do an assessment but are not  ‘assessed out’.  No yr 7’s were assessed out this year as in previous years. There may be occasional pupils who leave in Yr 7 due to unforeseen circumstances but it is not to do with assessments.

I was going to ask about that as I'm sure that I read a couple of years ago following an inspection/re-evaluation of how things were done, that Year 7's were no longer going to be assessed out and I am glad to find that is still the case.

There are 4 from year 8 and 5 from year 9 assessed out this year. They have not necessarily been assessed out because of their talent some of them it is for other reasons. Some of the yr 8s have been offered MA places and as far as I know they all have auditions arranged for other vocational schools. It has been a tough time for both year groups. 

May I tactfully suggest it inappropriate to post what could be hearsay re: assessed out children. If indeed any have then this must be a sensitive & stressful time to be handled with love & care   & not subject to gossip by any of us on here....

yes, may be the news to give hope to any with finals for these year groups but please can we all imagine if it were us in that position? Would we want to read about it on here? 

Wishing love & luck to all DC’s  and their families; whatever twists & turns they encounter on their journies, they can gain from every experience & only become stronger individuals going forward in life xx

• Like 6

Just confirming I am not reporting hearsay as l know families involved. They are all moving forwards. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

May I tactfully suggest it inappropriate to post what could be hearsay re: assessed out children. If indeed any have then this must be a sensitive & stressful time to be handled with love & care   & not subject to gossip by any of us on here....

yes, may be the news to give hope to any with finals for these year groups but please can we all imagine if it were us in that position? Would we want to read about it on here? 

Wishing love & luck to all DC’s  and their families; whatever twists & turns they encounter on their journies, they can gain from every experience & only become stronger individuals going forward in life xx

Thank you peanut very well put . The amount of children reported is incorrect in any case . It is still very early days for both the children and families affected . Whether they’re moving on or not already is irrespective. They should be allowed to do so in private without speculation , they’re real people children at that not just a number or a statistic . 

• Like 2

hopefully we will find out about MA results  soon... still hoping for a miracle here 🤞

• Like 1

Just wishing all those with finals coming up in the next couple of weeks lots of good luck, it’s such a tough time! 

Good luck! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NicolaP17 said:

hopefully we will find out about MA results  soon... still hoping for a miracle here 🤞

Same!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Katia05 said:

Same!!

Any idea when the MA results will be emailed through?!

5 minutes ago, amos73 said:

Normally end of March early April 

Ah thanks, not yet then for a while. Nerve-wracking waiting for these results!

• Like 1

On 28/02/2019 at 13:31, richieN said:

Good luck for all Y8, 9, 10 & 11 girls for WL finals tomorrow.

Heard of an offer out yesterday.

Can I ask if anyone has heard about 'special invites' to White Lodge finals from 'MA only' auditions? Are these common? I am a total newbie to this audition culture.

Thanks all.

Hi auditioningenu, sometimes children who didn’t actually tick the box for white lodge but are auditioning for Mas are invited to final audition anyway if they are identified as having the potential to become a full time student. Hope that makes sense? 

1 hour ago, Aklf said:

Hi auditioningenu, sometimes children who didn’t actually tick the box for white lodge but are auditioning for Mas are invited to final audition anyway if they are identified as having the potential to become a full time student. Hope that makes sense? 

Thank you very much. That makes perfect sense. As a new member of the forum I want to wish anyone's DD auditioning for the Year 7 WL finals tomorrow the very best of luck.

32 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Hello Auditioningenu and welcome to the Forum!

32 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Hello Auditioningenu and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you Jan. I look forward to being part of the forum. I have a young DD off to WL tomorrow. A dream come true for her to even set foot in the school so as long as she enjoys it that's as much as I can hope for. Hoping all the other finalists enjoy it too.

• Like 7

Good luck to everyone auditioning for WL year 7 today.

• Like 2

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:19, junedancer said:

Good luck to all the boys at WL today for Year 7 and 8 auditions!

Good news of a Year 7 WL place for a DS we know!

As an aside I should maybe change my user name - nearly three years as the mum of a new dancer we are no longer newbies.  I am still very much in the dark but this forum has been such a reassurance for me on so many issues.

All the best for those on the audition rounds this year for lower and upper schools.  It is lovely to hear of the successes of her new friends and others here on the forum.

• Like 7

On 05/03/2019 at 15:21, Katia05 said:

Ah thanks, not yet then for a while. Nerve-wracking waiting for these results!

Last year it was 27th March x

• Like 1

I have heard that Year 7 WL offers for girls are out and also those continuing mid associates have been told about their places. Mids offers can’t be far behind although it has been into April some years.

• Like 1