KeepDancing!!

Good luck/Audition Results 2019

@AMP just Mids and I think the application fee is the same regardless I'm afraid.

I agree with those who have suggested calling them. I've always found them very friendly and at least you'll know 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Timeflies19 said:

Has anyone had news/email from the last ENBS audition please to confirm final audition? Thanks 

Yes, received ENBS..

16 minutes ago, Dancesteps said:

Yes, received ENBS..

Was this from sat 2 Feb auditions? Also when did you hear. Hope it was good news for you, thanks 

Has anyone heard back from the ENB school audition in London on  Feb 2nd please ? Wondering if finals results have been sent out, I believe they were going to be by email. 

On 11/02/2019 at 19:16, AMP said:

Thanks Mak, I thought for both, maybe I didn't tick the right box and it was just for Mids!  She only applied for Mids last year, I thought we had put both this year but if others have heard and we haven't then maybe I made a mistake.  I have just logged in and can't access that part of the application to check.

I think I might have done the opposite, applied just for WL!!  I’m sure I ticked both but it’s not showing on the info I can see and I can access the original application any more. I’ve emailed them. Sigh.

I also have a terrible feeling I didn’t tick the MA box!?! I feel sick. I’ll email tomorrow but do t hold much hope as it says it can’t be added at this stage. 

Hi Timeflies 19 & Dancesteps

Still waiting news attended on 2 Feb  I was wondering if it would be via email or post, good luck to the both of you 

• Like 1

Does it not say in your Royal Ballet School account what you have applied for or does this only work for intensives?  I thought they checked what you applied for at the time of the audition.  They did the year my friend's DD went as they only had her down for WL and they had requested MAs so it was updated.  They didn't have the electronic web system at the time so perhaps it is different now.

Edited by Newdancermum

6 hours ago, Newdancermum said:

Does it not say in your Royal Ballet School account what you have applied for or does this only work for intensives?  I thought they checked what you applied for at the time of the audition.  They did the year my friend's DD went as they only had her down for WL and they had requested MAs so it was updated.  They didn't have the electronic web system at the time so perhaps it is different now.

Yes you are right, last year the signing in sheet on the day had a tick box for MA and WL, we only ticked MA as that is what we had applied for, we were new to it all and hadn't considered the WL audition at that stage.  So this year had decided to go for both realising it was the same audition in any case.  The signing in sheet didn't state MA or WL this year.  I will call them today, I have called before and they are very helpful, just not sure I want confirmation that I messed up! I was so sure we had applied for both and DD says we did too, we did the form together.  Either way though as someone already said, you can be called for WL even from an MA audition and we haven't heard so it is not meant to be.  Still be good to know we are not waiting for an email until March and I can stop checking my inbox! 

9 hours ago, Dopedeedoo said:

I think I might have done the opposite, applied just for WL!!  I’m sure I ticked both but it’s not showing on the info I can see and I can access the original application any more. I’ve emailed them. Sigh.

We've got the same problem. Can't see Associates anywhere, but we definitely ticked that box as well. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place..?

10 hours ago, foreverballet said:

Hi Timeflies 19 & Dancesteps

Still waiting news attended on 2 Feb  I was wondering if it would be via email or post, good luck to the both of you 

Foreverballet do you know when results will be emailed? Good luck too! 

• Like 1

We really agonised over whether to tick the WL box last year, and I was told by DD’s JA teacher that it makes little difference, as they invite who they want to finals, regardless of whether they have asked to be considered for WL. This was the case for DD’s friend, who received a special invitation to finals despite only applying for MAs. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Timeflies19 said:

Was this from sat 2 Feb auditions? Also when did you hear. Hope it was good news for you, thanks 

No, not from 2 Feb audition. Yes, it is good news. 

If you only ticked MA it doesn’t matter as I did that for my DD and she was invited to finals anyway. Not sure if it works the other way though. Good luck everyone waiting

• Like 2

On 13/02/2019 at 00:11, allnewtome said:

I also have a terrible feeling I didn’t tick the MA box!?! I feel sick. I’ll email tomorrow but do t hold much hope as it says it can’t be added at this stage. 

Did you hear anything back?  I have not been able to call as I am at work during their opening hours.

23 hours ago, AMP said:

Did you hear anything back?  I have not been able to call as I am at work during their opening hours.

Hi yes I did. I rang today and although my results email said White Lodge Only Audituon, which is what panicked me, I did in fact tick the MA box. So panic over and now just to wait for the invitable no! 

• Like 2

On 16/02/2019 at 21:15, rudolph23 said:

Does anyone know how many girls/boys to expect at Elmhurst finals?😊

I guess it depends what year group you are going for? 

Hi there, I was also wondering how many boys are likely to be attending Elmhurst final audition for entry into year 10 ? Does anyone know if the present year 9 is a large year numbers wise. Thanks v much

I believe there are currently 9 boys in year 9 at Elmhurst.

Edited by DadsTaxi

Hi ,

I Can perhaps help with both questions. 

Last year there were approximately 30 pupils auditioning for year 7. 

The current year 9 is one of the largest year groups. 

I can’t comnent on availability of beds as some years have more pupils than others but Elmhurst seem to have the ability to find space if they need it and usually try to fill their MDS spaces. 

Hope this helps. 

Current year 9 has 8 or 9 boys, 2 of which are day pupils. It is very much done on what beds they have though, not how many in particular year groups, and the boys house is full at present. The current year 10 has 9 boys who will probably be moving out of the ‘boys’ house and so will free up those beds for whichever boys they take. Sometimes the year 7 boys are in with the year 7 girls in a different house if it’s a small year group. Basically, it’s anyone’s guess!! 😂

1 hour ago, Pointytoes said:

Hi ,

I Can perhaps help with both questions. 

Last year there were approximately 30 pupils auditioning for year 7. 

The current year 9 is one of the largest year groups. 

I can’t comnent on availability of beds as some years have more pupils than others but Elmhurst seem to have the ability to find space if they need it and usually try to fill their MDS spaces. 

Hope this helps. 

Thank you Pointy Toes.   Is that 30 boys, and girls, or just 30 girls?  It doesn't seem like that many.  I know I  am overthinking this and we should just turn up and see 🙈

Last year there was more than one finals group for year 7 girls with the timetable for the day rotating them between dance, physio, interviews etc. Each group had roughly 30 girls