Good luck/Audition Results 2019

KeepDancing!!

Yda doesn’t have an upper school so there is the fact that a child doing associates with royal may be thinking of future vocational training connections and opportunities once they have graduated. 

On a personal level DD was offered full mds last year at one of the big vocational schools but decided to stay and train at Yda. 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No reflection on you Amos but please can people remember there are not different levels of MDS awards.... you either are awarded one or not & from there it is a means tested amount.... the higher the household income, the more a family contribute towards training costs, the lower the household income, the less a family pay as more or all of the fees will be covered by the government. It is in effect like a social benefit. An award of an MDS is a reward for talent but remember some do not qualify to apply (not long enough residency in UK even if a UK citizen ie. located abroad for work, location such as Jersey - I think! - or fact that a family may have other benefits such as being military may actually cover significant amounts of fees already) or no need to apply. It in no way makes these DC’s without MDS inferior or less talented. I know the journey is so traumatic with places so fought for & funding even more so that we want to feel every moment of success but actually it should end with the achievement of getting offers of places... funding should be a very private affair relating to family finances. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

No reflection on you Amos but please can people remember there are not different levels of MDS awards.... you either are awarded one or not & from there it is a means tested amount.... the higher the household income, the more a family contribute towards training costs, the lower the household income, the less a family pay as more or all of the fees will be covered by the government. It is in effect like a social benefit. An award of an MDS is a reward for talent but remember some do not qualify to apply (not long enough residency in UK even if a UK citizen ie. located abroad for work, location such as Jersey - I think! - or fact that a family may have other benefits such as being military may actually cover significant amounts of fees already) or no need to apply. It in no way makes these DC’s without MDS inferior or less talented. I know the journey is so traumatic with places so fought for & funding even more so that we want to feel every moment of success but actually it should end with the achievement of getting offers of places... funding should be a very private affair relating to family finances. 

We are Channel Islands and been offered mds. Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney etc seem to be OK for mds. Dada might be a problem at 16 but I think that is all going to change slightly with brexit.

Edited by Ms Sunshine

Last year the Elmhurst results were timed to arrive on the final day of the young dancers Easter Intensive so there was the Easter break for the dust to settle. They’d had previous experience of disappointed parents being a little outspoken to teachers and senior staff. Maybe they'll do the same this year and wait for the last day of term for Young Dancers. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

To clarify, extract from the elmhurst website says

the MDS focuses on classical ballet training in the Lower School (Years 7 – 11) with continuity of means-tested support for the most talented children entering Year 7. Under present arrangements, these Aided Places are allocated to the most gifted and eligible children aged 11 years on entry to the school each September. Subject to successful artistic appraisal in Year 9, MDS funding continues until the completion of Year 11.

Yes, you have to be eligible, and they are means tested, and they are awarded based on talent.

Anyone know whether offer letters contain information about whether your child has been awarded an MDS, or not?  DC has been prepped that if there is no MDS, for Elmhurst, then we wouldn't be able to accept anyway.  This is going to be a long week....

3 hours ago, Dancer123 said:

I think MA/SA results will be this week as I think Royal’s last day of term is Friday. Good Luck everyone!!! 🤞 

Feels like a very long time since auditions in January!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dancer123 said:

I think MA/SA results will be this week as I think Royal’s last day of term is Friday. Good Luck everyone!!! 🤞 

Maybe a couple of weeks later then as they came out during the Easter holidays last year. 

21 minutes ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Some areas are having the Easter Holidays as the first two weeks of April regardless of when Easter falls and then just having Easter weekend off.

Hence I've got dd and dh who break up on Friday (29th March) and ds who doesn't break up until 12th April.

Crikey Pictures. That's a bit annoying, isn't it ??

Does anyone know if there will actually be any available London Year 9 MA places or are all current Year 8s continuing? (It helps to have some idea when the no inevitably comes in!)

Edited by Katia05

Good luck to everyone waiting for news, hopefully MA results this week.  We are not expecting anything but nevertheless it is nice when the wait is over!  Well done to everyone who auditioned, they are all amazing for having a go, they should all be very proud of themselves.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mumofdancegirls said:

Hope we don’t have to wait a lot longer as one of my DC waiting for MA results for Bath

word is that it’s a very strong class so not sure if they’ll get a position in that class 

paying for private’s if not successful 

Hi mumofdancegirls what year did your dc audition for? I wonder how many places they have available and if they spread it evenly across the years groups, I’ve also heard the places are like gold dust.