Good luck/Audition Results 2019

KeepDancing!!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/02/2019 at 00:11, allnewtome said:

I also have a terrible feeling I didn’t tick the MA box!?! I feel sick. I’ll email tomorrow but do t hold much hope as it says it can’t be added at this stage. 

Did you hear anything back?  I have not been able to call as I am at work during their opening hours.

23 hours ago, AMP said:

Did you hear anything back?  I have not been able to call as I am at work during their opening hours.

Hi yes I did. I rang today and although my results email said White Lodge Only Audituon, which is what panicked me, I did in fact tick the MA box. So panic over and now just to wait for the invitable no! 

• Like 2

Hi ,

I Can perhaps help with both questions. 

Last year there were approximately 30 pupils auditioning for year 7. 

The current year 9 is one of the largest year groups. 

I can’t comnent on availability of beds as some years have more pupils than others but Elmhurst seem to have the ability to find space if they need it and usually try to fill their MDS spaces. 

Hope this helps. 

Current year 9 has 8 or 9 boys, 2 of which are day pupils. It is very much done on what beds they have though, not how many in particular year groups, and the boys house is full at present. The current year 10 has 9 boys who will probably be moving out of the ‘boys’ house and so will free up those beds for whichever boys they take. Sometimes the year 7 boys are in with the year 7 girls in a different house if it’s a small year group. Basically, it’s anyone’s guess!! 😂

1 hour ago, Pointytoes said:

Hi ,

I Can perhaps help with both questions. 

Last year there were approximately 30 pupils auditioning for year 7. 

The current year 9 is one of the largest year groups. 

I can’t comnent on availability of beds as some years have more pupils than others but Elmhurst seem to have the ability to find space if they need it and usually try to fill their MDS spaces. 

Hope this helps. 

Thank you Pointy Toes.   Is that 30 boys, and girls, or just 30 girls?  It doesn't seem like that many.  I know I  am overthinking this and we should just turn up and see 🙈

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TBG said:

Dancing Kitty is that for RBS or Elmhurst? Xx

Good luck everyone, xx

This was for RBS as far as I recall as that was what the thread was referring to at the time.  She has recently told me that she in aware that a number from Years 7, 8 and 9 have unfortunately been unsuccessful in this year's assessments.  Sad times for a number of families.  Hoping that places can be found at other schools for those who wish to continue with vocation training.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dancing Kitty said:

This was for RBS as far as I recall as that was what the thread was referring to at the time.  She has recently told me that she in aware that a number from Years 7, 8 and 9 have unfortunately been unsuccessful in this year's assessments.  Sad times for a number of families.  Hoping that places can be found at other schools for those who wish to continue with vocation training.

Thank you. That is heartbreaking to hear, as those poor children are not only about to move schools but essentially home as well and needing to make new friendships at their new school. It does beg the question about whether RBS is run as a school or a business?  Surely it is a failure on their part if children do not pass their assessment. Should they not perseverie and put everything into the training for those children. As we all know children are an unknown entity as they grow and change, at least give them a chance to prove themselves. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Dancing Kitty said:

Think it’s important to report correctly about such sensitive issues. Yr 7 White Lodge do an assessment but are not  ‘assessed out’.  No yr 7’s were assessed out this year as in previous years. There may be occasional pupils who leave in Yr 7 due to unforeseen circumstances but it is not to do with assessments.

1 hour ago, valentina said:

Think it’s important to report correctly about such sensitive issues. Yr 7 White Lodge do an assessment but are not  ‘assessed out’.  No yr 7’s were assessed out this year as in previous years. There may be occasional pupils who leave in Yr 7 due to unforeseen circumstances but it is not to do with assessments.

I was going to ask about that as I'm sure that I read a couple of years ago following an inspection/re-evaluation of how things were done, that Year 7's were no longer going to be assessed out and I am glad to find that is still the case.

There are 4 from year 8 and 5 from year 9 assessed out this year. They have not necessarily been assessed out because of their talent some of them it is for other reasons. Some of the yr 8s have been offered MA places and as far as I know they all have auditions arranged for other vocational schools. It has been a tough time for both year groups. 

May I tactfully suggest it inappropriate to post what could be hearsay re: assessed out children. If indeed any have then this must be a sensitive & stressful time to be handled with love & care   & not subject to gossip by any of us on here....

yes, may be the news to give hope to any with finals for these year groups but please can we all imagine if it were us in that position? Would we want to read about it on here? 

Wishing love & luck to all DC’s  and their families; whatever twists & turns they encounter on their journies, they can gain from every experience & only become stronger individuals going forward in life xx

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

May I tactfully suggest it inappropriate to post what could be hearsay re: assessed out children. If indeed any have then this must be a sensitive & stressful time to be handled with love & care   & not subject to gossip by any of us on here....

yes, may be the news to give hope to any with finals for these year groups but please can we all imagine if it were us in that position? Would we want to read about it on here? 

Wishing love & luck to all DC’s  and their families; whatever twists & turns they encounter on their journies, they can gain from every experience & only become stronger individuals going forward in life xx

Thank you peanut very well put . The amount of children reported is incorrect in any case . It is still very early days for both the children and families affected . Whether they’re moving on or not already is irrespective. They should be allowed to do so in private without speculation , they’re real people children at that not just a number or a statistic . 

• Like 2