Jump to content
KeepDancing!!

Good luck/Audition Results 2019

Recommended Posts

White Lodge current students have their assessments next week. Some year groups do currently have spare beds but as has already been said they don’t mix year groups. One year group has been told places have already been offered to international students for September and to that they should think about plan B. 

It’s just as difficult time for those already there as for those auditioning. 

 

 

Apologies because this is off topic but hopefully confirms some of the questions being asked. 

 

Good luck eveyone. 

Edited by Pointetoes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds so stressful. We think it’s bad trying to get in! I guess it’s really hard when you are actually there. Really admire all these amazing young people. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pointetoes said:

White Lodge current students have their assessments next week. Some year groups do currently have spare beds but as has already been said they don’t mix year groups. One year group has been told places have already been offered to international students for September and to that they should think about plan B. 

It’s just as difficult time for those already there as for those auditioning. 

Oh this is so sad, it’s so tough this dance world x

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Pointetoes said:

White Lodge current students have their assessments next week. Some year groups do currently have spare beds but as has already been said they don’t mix year groups. One year group has been told places have already been offered to international students for September and to that they should think about plan B. 

It’s just as difficult time for those already there as for those auditioning. 

 

 

Apologies because this is off topic but hopefully confirms some of the questions being asked. 

 

Good luck eveyone. 

Pointetoes is that the entire year group that will be replaced, or just that they are getting notifications that some of them might be, a bit like redundancy notices at work 😱 Sorry if I’m being a bit dim!

Edited by Dopedeedoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I should have been clearer, They have been told to have plan B in case they some of them don’t do well enough in their  assessment. This is across year groups, not just the year group who know international students have been offered places. 

 

Tbh I don’t know how they all cope with being assessed each year, I really admire the children and their families. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree these vocational students do cope well in general with appraisals especially when you read the Frenzie that happens each year on here trying to find out if there are beds, places etc at White Lodge. I have a child there and I still find it incredible that parents are hoping their children gain a place by discussing beds, spaces or assessing out. 

If they want your dancer they want them and that is it! No point in going round in circles. 

There are many paths to Rome and it’s all hard work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pointytoes said:

I agree these vocational students do cope well in general with appraisals especially when you read the Frenzie that happens each year on here trying to find out if there are beds, places etc at White Lodge. I have a child there and I still find it incredible that parents are hoping their children gain a place by discussing beds, spaces or assessing out. 

If they want your dancer they want them and that is it! No point in going round in circles. 

There are many paths to Rome and it’s all hard work!

This is definitely something to bear in mind when discussing anything other than Year 7 vocational places. To speculate about places becoming available in other year groups makes tough reading for those of us that have children taking appraisals. A place becoming available can be due to heartbreak for our DC or their friend. I wouldn’t wish that on any of them!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone 👋

 

Does anyone know if the Birmingham Group 4 results are out yet?? as still waiting 😨😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/02/2019 at 08:26, abitwornout said:

Can’t quite believe I’m typing this , My dd has finals for upper school . I’m so very happy for her . We just didn’t expect this. 

Very, very well done to your Dd. Incredible news and Good Luck for finals!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, valentina said:

Very, very well done to your Dd. Incredible news and Good Luck for finals!

Valentina , thank you so much x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/02/2019 at 18:39, MrsKrabz said:

Hello Everyone 👋

 

Does anyone know if the Birmingham Group 4 results are out yet?? as still waiting 😨😥

Anyone??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

London 3 is out, It was a no for my DD, but I know it won’t stop her dancing! Good luck to everyone today xx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for your No Ally6684, hope your DD takes it ok. Its so few places for so many. Good luck everyone still waiting x

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, many congrats to all those dc who have finals - I tried to like posts but it just freezes, but many congrats to all, a great achievement!! It was a no for us. Dd will be sad, and I’m sorry that it probably massively reduces her chances of MAs too. 😞 but she has elmhurst finals and tring funding audition do not all bad 😁😁

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Pictures.  DD's friend was a No to finals then a Wait List for Mids with a call a week or so later with a place.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dopedeedoo said:

Hi all, many congrats to all those dc who have finals - I tried to like posts but it just freezes, but many congrats to all, a great achievement!! It was a no for us. Dd will be sad, and I’m sorry that it probably massively reduces her chances of MAs too. 😞 but she has elmhurst finals and tring funding audition do not all bad 😁😁

Your daughter is a wonderful dancer! Wishing her good luck for Elmhurst and Tring! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Swanilda said:

Your daughter is a wonderful dancer! Wishing her good luck for Elmhurst and Tring! 

Very true! She is a joy to watch x

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to everyone who auditioned and congratulations to those that have had good news, such an amazing achievement. 

We are still waiting for London 1 results  (Year 9 on 20th Jan)  has anyone heard from this audition group yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AMP said:

Well done to everyone who auditioned and congratulations to those that have had good news, such an amazing achievement. 

We are still waiting for London 1 results  (Year 9 on 20th Jan)  has anyone heard from this audition group yet? 

We had a no last Tuesday for the same auditions, so you might be lucky!! Fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AMP said:

Well done to everyone who auditioned and congratulations to those that have had good news, such an amazing achievement. 

We are still waiting for London 1 results  (Year 9 on 20th Jan)  has anyone heard from this audition group yet? 

Was your DD auditioning for both White Lodge and Mids?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MAK said:

Was your DD auditioning for both White Lodge and Mids?

Yes, for both. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×