Good luck/Audition Results 2019

KeepDancing!!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 08/02/2019 at 08:26, abitwornout said:

Can’t quite believe I’m typing this , My dd has finals for upper school . I’m so very happy for her . We just didn’t expect this. 

Very, very well done to your Dd. Incredible news and Good Luck for finals!

• Like 2

Hi all, many congrats to all those dc who have finals - I tried to like posts but it just freezes, but many congrats to all, a great achievement!! It was a no for us. Dd will be sad, and I’m sorry that it probably massively reduces her chances of MAs too. 😞 but she has elmhurst finals and tring funding audition do not all bad 😁😁

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dopedeedoo said:

Hi all, many congrats to all those dc who have finals - I tried to like posts but it just freezes, but many congrats to all, a great achievement!! It was a no for us. Dd will be sad, and I’m sorry that it probably massively reduces her chances of MAs too. 😞 but she has elmhurst finals and tring funding audition do not all bad 😁😁

Your daughter is a wonderful dancer! Wishing her good luck for Elmhurst and Tring! 

• Like 1

Well done to everyone who auditioned and congratulations to those that have had good news, such an amazing achievement. 

We are still waiting for London 1 results  (Year 9 on 20th Jan)  has anyone heard from this audition group yet? 

11 minutes ago, AMP said:

Well done to everyone who auditioned and congratulations to those that have had good news, such an amazing achievement. 

We are still waiting for London 1 results  (Year 9 on 20th Jan)  has anyone heard from this audition group yet? 

We had a no last Tuesday for the same auditions, so you might be lucky!! Fingers crossed!

19 minutes ago, AMP said:

Was your DD auditioning for both White Lodge and Mids?

12 minutes ago, MAK said:

Was your DD auditioning for both White Lodge and Mids?

Thanks Mak, I thought for both, maybe I didn't tick the right box and it was just for Mids!  She only applied for Mids last year, I thought we had put both this year but if others have heard and we haven't then maybe I made a mistake.  I have just logged in and can't access that part of the application to check.

1 minute ago, MAK said:

The only reason I thought to ask is I have a feeling someone on here a year or two ago had ended up not ticking both boxes by accident. Hope you can find out!!

Thanks I just checked and the letter says the audition is for both, but I guess that is a standard letter and doesn't confirm if I did not tick the box.  Not sure how to check now, guess I will just have to sit and wait!  

1 hour ago, AMP said:

Thanks I just checked and the letter says the audition is for both, but I guess that is a standard letter and doesn't confirm if I did not tick the box.  Not sure how to check now, guess I will just have to sit and wait!  

As far as I am aware, the audition is for both and I certainly know you can be called for finals without having ticked the WL box if they like what they see at the audition enough. (I know this because of the shocked look on the face of one of the mums from DS’s old dance school whose daughter got through to WL finals and she definitely, definitely didn’t tick the box!)

Good luck, well done and/or commiserations (delete as appropriate!) :) to all auditioning this year.

Yes but if you only tick Mids (and don't get that rare call to Finals even not having done so) you don't get your result for Mids until after WL Finals. So for example, DD2 auditioned on 20th Jan (London 1) and has not had a result and won't get one until March. Others may be in the same boat. 

Edited by MAK

My dd has a yes to finals for entry to White Lodge year 7. Quite shocked as she has always had no's to JA's for year 4,5 and 6! No wait lists. Plus no summer or easter school offers. In fact I was not thrilled about her wanting to go but as she proved you have to be in it to win it! 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, MAK said:

Yes but if you only tick Mids (and don't get that rare call to Finals even not having done so) you don't get your result for Mids until after WL Finals. So for example, DD2 auditioned on 20th Jan (London 1) and has not had a result and won't get one until March. Others may be in the same boat. 

Even if you tick both boxes, the only results coming out right now are for fulltime vocational (WL) finals. The results for MA/SA aren't until end of March, at earliest.

3 minutes ago, glissade said:

Even if you tick both boxes, the only results coming out right now are for fulltime vocational (WL) finals. The results for MA/SA aren't until end of March, at earliest.

Yes exactly sorry if my post read otherwise. As mentioned originally, only raised it because a couple of people had said they hadn't had results yet and it's possible this is because they had only applied for Mids. It happened once before that someone hadn't ticked the WL box when they thought they had.

Edited by MAK

1 hour ago, Wigglybunny said:

As far as I am aware, the audition is for both and I certainly know you can be called for finals without having ticked the WL box if they like what they see at the audition enough. (I know this because of the shocked look on the face of one of the mums from DS’s old dance school whose daughter got through to WL finals and she definitely, definitely didn’t tick the box!)

Good luck, well done and/or commiserations (delete as appropriate!) :) to all auditioning this year.

Thank you, I think it is likely that as we have not had any answer at all that we are only on the list for MA and not White Lodge, as it seems results for the group for WL have definitely gone out.