Sign in to follow this  
Jan McNulty

Press Release: BRB Press Release: Birmingham Royal Ballet announces 2019/20 season

2 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

But Don Q is only being performed in Birmingham.  I know that London members do make the journey to Birmingham but this is surely aimed at the Midlands area where there would be little option for the public to see it otherwise.

BRB have had mixed programmes including new works for many years so they don't strike me as particularly peculiar.  Nine Sinatra Songs has been known and loved by BRB fans for a long time and it is exciting that BRB audiences will be able to enjoy the joys of Ballet Black too.  

Don't Ballet Black get to Birmingham? I thought they did.

You know a vast amount more about BRB tours than I do- so I am sure you're right- but I can't help feeling there

is a change of focus in the air though.

We will see.

It's worth having a look at the Dance Tabs twitter feed as there are details from the press conference that are a bit wider than the press release.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mary said:

Don't Ballet Black get to Birmingham? I thought they did.

You know a vast amount more about BRB tours than I do- so I am sure you're right- but I can't help feeling there

is a change of focus in the air though.

We will see.

I've seen BB in Birmingham but only in the Patrick Centre.  It will be amazing to see them on the Hippodrome main stage and will give many more people the opportunity to see them.

• Like 4

Well, I have to say that Senor Acosta impressed me with his enthusiasm and his ambition for the Company.  I suppose it was churlish of me to wish that the Lady/Lord Mayor would announce a sharp increase in the Council's annual grant.  We shall observe all with interest.

• Like 4

Very interesting. Lovely that Sir Peter Wright was there and that Carlos Acosta acknowledged his tremendous contribution. Without reading too much into what we heard,, it came across as more than platitudes, but a general desire to maintain the classical tradition while embracing a more diverse landscape - difficult to pull off, but there is so much goodwill for him to succeed. 

• Like 2