HELP! Tips for RB audition (Lower School)

AlwaysBallet

Hello Sarahballet and welcome to the Forum!

I have moved your post to the more appropriate "Doing Dance" Forum.

If you have a look at the "Questions about lower school auditions" and search around the Doing Dance Forum you could find some very useful advice.

I've added a couple of tags at the top of the thread that are useful to search on.

• Like 2

• Jan McNulty changed the title to HELP! Tips for RB audition (Lower School)

I don’t know how far you have to travel or which center you are auditioning at, but I would recommend doing a  very good warm up at home and some stretching afterwards. Then wrap up warm to travel. Some of the warm up rooms are very cramped, Manchester for example, and full of nervous mums too - impossible to find any space to do anything! London is more spacious. There was very little warm up in the audition and they went into stretches very quickly. Also, remain calm and focused and look beautiful, plain leotard in flattering colour with reasonably high cut leg line and clean, comfortable shoes that flatter the feet. Lovely neat hair with a small matching ribbon is good.Best of Luck to your Dd.

• Like 2

We were in London last Sunday for the year 9 entry. Not expecting anything at all, as competition is so fierce, and all the dancers looked so keen and talented, but it was a very positive experience. I'd advise arriving on the early side, as you can then get a spot near the barre in the warm-up room! Don't be put off by super-confident looking students, or those who are already Associates and clearly know the teacher leading the class and the layout etc. It was a very friendly, welcoming atmosphere for everyone, though. Enjoy the occasion. There's a wonderful pianist and the class goes at a rapid pace, so get some good sleep the night before, eat a healthy snack an hour beforehand and bring a large water bottle. Enjoy!

• Like 3