Results of YBSS auditions 2019

Bonnie2011

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sent an email to check. You don't have to submit a new application but you can let them know if you want to move the application to the new week (or I guess add it as an option if you are available for more than one).

Wonder if there will be any more scholarships/bursaries available for this extra week?  Or will a few successful ones be offered funding to attend 3 weeks perhaps? Hope it doesn’t in effect dilute numbers who are offered funding....still keeping fingers & ties crossed for the audition results due Feb! 

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:36, Dance*is*life said:

I asked on FB and Iain said that those applying for two weeks could apply for either weeks one and two or weeks two and three.  It's wonderful that they've opened up more places!

So not a three option then?  Does this mean that if you only want one week you are more likely to be offered a place for Week 1 or the new Week 3.  But as Week 1 is still term time for most DCs this in effect means that Week 1 will be the least popular option for a single week?  So if you can do that week perhaps more chance of a place?  Torture or what!  Anyway no doubt too late to let them know of any week changes.  We were hoping for Week 2 which would only mean missing the last few days of term when they don't do much anyway but maybe we should have asked to move to Week 3.  Does anyone know how many places they have against applications?  I think we applied too late last year.  I found out later that offers had been made by the time we applied so unless they hold some back for those who apply up to the deadline, how does this work?

June Dancer, perhaps you can do three weeks - I just asked about two really out of curiosity, but anyway most of the younger students only do one.  My student has also applied for week two, which as you say now seems to be the week which will fill up the quickest.  If they invite her for the third week, I am not sure she will accept, because I can't come and watch during the third week and as it is if she does get in it will be quite an adventure for her! She's only 13 and the fact that I'll be there to support her is important.  

2 hours ago, Dance*is*life said:

June Dancer, perhaps you can do three weeks - I just asked about two really out of curiosity, but anyway most of the younger students only do one.  My student has also applied for week two, which as you say now seems to be the week which will fill up the quickest.  If they invite her for the third week, I am not sure she will accept, because I can't come and watch during the third week and as it is if she does get in it will be quite an adventure for her! She's only 13 and the fact that I'll be there to support her is important.  

Three weeks would be too long for us - too expensive and DD wouldn't want to be away that long.  We would just be delighted with one week for now.  Is this as competitive as I have heard?  

No scholarship for DD - but it doesn't say if she has a paid for place......even thought it says on the email that you would find out in the same email:

Thank you for attending our recent scholarship audition, we hope you enjoyed the experience.

We had 340 students attend over the three venues and the standard across all groups was excellent, it was wonderful to see so much talent and love of dance.

You will be informed of the outcome of your scholarship audition on the 1st February 2019. Due to the large number of applicants we will be unable to give feedback on any individuals, we hope you understand.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have already completed an application form for a place at YBSS you will be notified of the outcome of your application in the same email.

Thank you very much for your interest in Yorkshire Ballet Summer School.

Hi my dd has had a no to scholarship, and no information about a fee paying place as promised in the email in November.  I have just emailed to enquire and got a reply straight back saying they would be in touch in due course and thanks for my patience .   So I am thinking it will probably be March as that's the deadline... another wait 

Results of the auditions are certainly filtering out.  In a bit of a state of shock as my eldest DD has been offered a bursary (she felt she did really badly at the audition so I was fully expecting a thank you but no email).  Now trying to work out the logistics of actually getting her there and back.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

• Like 4

Thanks Dancefanatic & congrats to your DD too! And to others with funding & places....Last year was first attending & DD loved the dancing & social side. So happy she can go again....& proof that all in with a chance at auditions & value in motto ‘if at first you don’t succeed, try try again!’

On 01/02/2019 at 16:35, dancefanatic said:

Results of the auditions are certainly filtering out.  In a bit of a state of shock as my eldest DD has been offered a bursary (she felt she did really badly at the audition so I was fully expecting a thank you but no email).  Now trying to work out the logistics of actually getting her there and back.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congratulations from us 😊♥️