Elmhurst auditions/results 2019

tutugirl

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Elmhurst tomorrow ? (8th January 2019)

No we haven't done Tring. My dd loves all dance but ballet is her passion. She is auditioning for Elmhurst and Royal. Of course the chance of a yes is soooooooo slim but its what she has dreamed of for such a long time. If its a No, then we will try again next year. Good luck to your pupils

Good luck to you too .

If I may be so bold - don’t rule out Tring for classical training - my DS went through from year 9 to Grad year ( despite having offers elsewhere ) .

He secured a classical contract upon graduation , in a great company in Czech Republic , where he has had amazing choreographers come over , ( they’ve just finished a triple bill including a work by Kylian ) .

I do think Tring sometimes gets overlooked , and deemed to be more musical theatre , but their classical work is fabulous too .

A former pupil of mine is in Year 2 of sixth form and has made it to the final 5 of BBC young dancer .

( classical section )

Just a thought or two !!!

Best wishes  to everyone auditioning anywhere .

Tutugirl

• Like 1

Aw thanks for the feedback everyone, Tring hasn't really cropped up in our dance school before but if we find ourselves looking again for next year I'll definitely bear it in mind, DD has asked me to look at the summer school there after hearing about it from one of her JA friends. Isn't the waiting for a letter/emails just awful. Lol. x

Thank you. My daughter has only recently started auditionning for things, but I'm glad to say she has taken it well and looking forward to whatever comes next. She did gain a place on the extended programme this year with Elmhurst. Does anyone know how and when they assess them for a place if they wish to continue next September? 

Waiting for the results is the hardest bit. Hope those with a No were not too upset, think of it as a not yet and carry on working hard. I do realise that's a lot easier said than done though. Its so hard knowing that an audition is done and there is nothing we as parents/teachers can do now but wait.

On 16/01/2019 at 22:31, dancenthusiast said:

Thank you. My daughter has only recently started auditionning for things, but I'm glad to say she has taken it well and looking forward to whatever comes next. She did gain a place on the extended programme this year with Elmhurst. Does anyone know how and when they assess them for a place if they wish to continue next September? 

The assessment emails come before the last term, if I remember rightly.