BBC TV's show - Greatest Dancer - (talent competition)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear! 

Royal Ballet School is one thing but claiming to be in the Company is on a different level....I didn't realise she had claimed to be in the Company ...just to have been a ballerina after having been to the RBS! 

• Like 1

On 21/01/2019 at 19:57, taxi4ballet said:

I'd say that I rarely pay attention to anything that rag prints.

Yeah, like campaigning to get Stephen Lawrence’s killers convicted, or allowing theGhurkas’s toclaim citizenship or their work to outlaw plastic.

Like most newspapers,it is a mixture of good and bad.  Just because a product is mass market, it doesn’t mean it, and it’s readers, should be despised as part of the virtue signalling bandwagon.  

• Like 3

On 17/01/2019 at 22:48, alison said:

That's appalling.  Time the RB responded, maybe?  I mean, if she was, it must have been over 30 years ago, because I'm sure I'd pretty much recognise the names of all the company members since then :) 

Then she must have been in the kindergarten corps de ballet!

14 hours ago, penelopesimpson said:

Yeah, like campaigning to get Stephen Lawrence’s killers convicted, or allowing theGhurkas’s toclaim citizenship or their work to outlaw plastic.

Like most newspapers,it is a mixture of good and bad.  Just because a product is mass market, it doesn’t mean it, and it’s readers, should be despised as part of the virtue signalling bandwagon.  

I have a friend in the public eye who has suffered at the hands of the press, which is why I hold that opinion.

OT (but relevant I think in light of some comments above)

Don’t trust Daily Mail website, Microsoft browser warns users Naturally the Daily Mail aren't happy saying “We have only very recently become aware of the NewsGuard startup and are in discussions with them to have this egregiously erroneous classification resolved as soon as possible.”  I think they must have gotten the dictionary down from the shelf to write that.

Here's what people have been saying about it. https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2019/01/23/microsoft-classified-daily-mail-fake-news-people-love/   (Language warning)

I like the comment "Apparently, it is graded as 1 out of 5, the same as the Kremlin's site. Pretty unfair on the Kremlin if you ask me. "

• Like 2

• Sim locked this topic