Ms Sunshine

Tring dance auditions/results 2019

Had a quick search online.  There is no update for 2019-20 on the Government site, it only shows the list of institutions with DADAs for 2018-19, so maybe decisions haven't been made yet.  Tring Park's own website says nothing about DADAs for 6th form dance, just that the funding audition is for scholarships. 

Just heard daughter on Tring Wait list for Year 10 Perf. Foundation; does anyone have any experience of how this works? Words of wisdom ?! Is this really a NO? I think daughter will read it as such...the letter says due to pressure of pupil numbers and they hope to let us know by end of march. Any insight would be welcome, thanks.

Hello Cotswoldmum and welcome. ☺️  In my experience, schools have no compunction about sending ACTUAL “No” letters (albeit worded nicely) so a Waiting List place certainly isn’t a no; it’s more of a “more good applicants than there are places” issue.  

Waiting list places can and do come up; if a student has more than one offer then at some point they will have to accept one school - at which point they will (or should) notify the other schools who then start to make their way down the list.  

I’ve heard of people being offered places right up until the start of the school year but obviously this leaves no time to arrange practicalities so your dd would need to have a Plan B in place.  

As they’ve given you a rough deadline of the end of March that’s positive though.  Even if a place doesn’t come up, your dd should take encouragement from being offered waiting list.  Best of luck!

• Like 5

Cotswoldmum - we heard (and found in our experience) that you're less likely to get an offer from Tring the later you audition (or after Xmas).

DD auditioned for dance so may be different. It seemed that exceptional candidates were made offers at any time and invited for funding auditions. For everyone else (including us!) places were filled in chronological order of auditioning.

Thanks SarahW. I think straight dance entry must be slightly different as the only auditions for Year 10 (PF) were after Christmas. No doubt there are many factors involved.

Happy to say she is finally beginning to see that WL is an achievement...though I think we will go through it all again if its a no in the end!

I did just spot that Tring was pulled up by Ofsted in december...something to do with boarding and well being...anyone know/heard anything about this?!

I have just read the report, it makes uncomfortable reading.  Several parents (myself included) made complaints and outlined such problems years ago with extensive discussions on this board.  It is very sad such a culture was allowed to continue.

• Like 1

I remember one rather far-sighted comment

" Also if Ofsted did get to hear about some of the things that went on, I think that there would be some serious come back. Like it has been pointed out we do tend to be careful where we pick our battles, however you learn very quickly that it will go against you. "

It shoudl be noted however that OFSTED only inspect the 6th Form Dance course and boarding accommodation.  ISI are responsible for inspecting Lower School.

• Like 1

I’ve moved discussion of Rachel Rist’s retirement to a separate thread here:  

Also, could we keep this thread on the topic of auditions and audition results please - purely because it makes information easier to find in future.  

If anyone wishes to discuss the ISI report further we can start a separate thread (bearing in mind that as always, posts must comply with Forum rules).

Many thanks! 

Anna 

• Like 1

My DD has just received a yes for yr 10 with an invite to funding auditions. Good luck to those still waiting xx

• Like 3

Hi Bean73, we have had an offer for sixth form this week (very pleased) with a wait list place for boarding.  I think we got the letter on thursday so it was two weeks and two days after audition.  Good luck!

• Like 2