Ms Sunshine

Tring dance auditions/results 2019

10 minutes ago, MAK said:

Asking for a friend whose DD auditioned two weeks ago. Did those who have results receive these by post or by email? Thank you 🙂

We are still waiting for a letter. Heard of quite a few people having good news today but know of at least one other still waiting. Fingers crossed it is Monday. The wait is horrid!!!

On 25/01/2019 at 20:37, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Just shows how everyone is different. My dd really didn’t like it and said she could not see herself living there for 3 years. 

DD did a summer school there and whilst she had a good time, doesn't want to consider it for the future. 

Yes it's true, every school appeals to different children and families at different times, and for different reasons! Just out of interest Pixiewoo, which summer course did your dd do this summer - was it the dance course, musical theatre or other?   

Just to say I’ve edited the thread title to include audition results.  Good luck to those still waiting! :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Glacier said:

Yes it's true, every school appeals to different children and families at different times, and for different reasons! Just out of interest Pixiewoo, which summer course did your dd do this summer - was it the dance course, musical theatre or other?   

She did the musical theatre course. She loves ballet too, and it was hard to choose between the two courses. She just wasn't taken by the whole feel of the place.

Just a thought....maybe they’re doing it in order of audition date? My dd  did her audition on the 9th so earlier in that big week of auditions. The letter is personalised, referring to dd by name throughout so they’d take time to do. 🤞🤞🤞for everyone 

• Like 1

My friend double checked today and was told that results were being sent in batches. Hope everyone waiting hears soon 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottishballetmum said:

Funding audition for us! 

Congrats Scottishballetmum! We're still waiting and good luck to everyone else who is too Xx 

My dd had audition for Performance Foundation course (year 10 2019) on Jan 16th...how long have you had to wait? Daughter hoping its the 2 weeks the head said but the receptionist hinted at 3 !! I know most on here are here for pure dance but any others for PF/MT?  Congratulations to everyone that has had good news!! The wait is killing us !!!

We have a y7 offer of a place but no funding final, so it’ll be a no for us this year! Good luck all those with another audition to go!

• Like 1

Could someone explain the funding to me? Tring is on DDs list for auditions next year. I am all new to vocational school so have no idea, but thought there was a scheme which was means tested so meant I would pay fees based on how much I earned (from looking at RBS and Elmhurst). Is it not the same for Tring? Sorry if i sound really stupid 😂

Edited by sunrise81

Hi Sunrise81, not stupid at all! It’s all very confusing when you’re new to it. You are right, all UK students at RBS lower school are entitled to MDS funding if they meet the household income criteria. I think Elmhurst is the same, (though have heard exceptions to this) and Tring have far fewer MDS places on offer so only selected candidates are invited to the funding audition. Hope this helps a little and sure others can clarify re Elmhurst. 

Thank you!!! That's a bit clearer now! So much to understand about it all! We are off to Tring for a ballet intensive day in May so it's her first chance to see what she thinks of the school.

Lower school funding for RBS, Elmhurst, Tring and The Hammond is vis MDS scheme which is means tested.  For upper school the funding changes a bit.  RBS still MDS, Elmhurst DaDa, Tring DaDa but occasionally MDS, The Hammond DaDa. All means tested but DaDa does not include accommodation. 

18 hours ago, Pas de Quatre said:

Tring has no DADAs currently. 

Should that not revert back to normal for the 2019 starters? Thought the 3 years were up. Not that I have checked the funding page recently.