Tring dance auditions/results 2019

Ms Sunshine

So my dd has been offered a place at Hammond so will go back in March for funding finals! She has Elmhurst finals the same week as well. Great start to prelims! Next will be Tring Park dance prelims next week. Does anyone have any top tips or advice please for the audition day? xx

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be nicely groomed. Miss Rist is a stickler for clean shoes and neat hair. 

There’s a short talk by the Directors. Then a tour of the school. Miss Rist usually speaks to each  dancer individually about where they have traveled from and how many classes they do. Ballet class, solo ( you can add a skirt or belt to your ballet leotard), lunch - the food is good at Tring, then short academic test done on computer. It’s a lovely day and the dancers all come out smiling.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Scottishballetmum said:

For any parents hanging out while auditions are taking place. Really recommend Jack and Alice's just at the bottom of the drive. 

Yes, we were there yesterday and agree with this! Makes a nice change from the many Costas I sit in! 

Dd very much enjoyed herself, even if the ‘presentation’ and tour was a little chaotic. 

• 2 weeks later...

We've not heard anything either yet from 10 Jan for Year 8 - my dd very much in love with Tring! We've had no post for 4 days, so she was worried she should have heard by now, but it looks like it really is going to be 2-3 weeks like they said on the audition day. 

Edited by Glacier
Number 8 posted as sunshade smiley!

46 minutes ago, tutugirl said:

You can’t help but fall in love with the magic of Tring 

Yes tutugirl, it has a tangible vibrant energy about it! My dd had her heart set on another vocational ballet school, until she visited here for Classical Ballet Academy audition and fell in love. The standard of the ballet here seems very high, and the tuition excellent and inspiring, whilst still being top of their game across all the other dance styles and academics too. Very impressed!