Ms Sunshine

Tips for Tring dance prelims

So my dd has been offered a place at Hammond so will go back in March for funding finals! She has Elmhurst finals the same week as well. Great start to prelims! Next will be Tring Park dance prelims next week. Does anyone have any top tips or advice please for the audition day? xx

Be nicely groomed. Miss Rist is a stickler for clean shoes and neat hair. 

There’s a short talk by the Directors. Then a tour of the school. Miss Rist usually speaks to each  dancer individually about where they have traveled from and how many classes they do. Ballet class, solo ( you can add a skirt or belt to your ballet leotard), lunch - the food is good at Tring, then short academic test done on computer. It’s a lovely day and the dancers all come out smiling.

Thank you Valentina! I have heard there is not a huge amount of funding available. We really love the school so want to try our best! My dd attends the Tring CBA but I think she will wear her own leotard. Its so hard deciding what is best!

Tring is a very happy, vibrant school. The accommodation is not the best, but with the new building work taking place, should improve.

Academics are good with lots of enthusiastic teachers.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scottishballetmum said:

For any parents hanging out while auditions are taking place. Really recommend Jack and Alice's just at the bottom of the drive. 

Yes, we were there yesterday and agree with this! Makes a nice change from the many Costas I sit in! 

Dd very much enjoyed herself, even if the ‘presentation’ and tour was a little chaotic. 

If it is still there , Black Goo is a lovely cafe too .

The other end of the high street from Jack and Alice .

Same side of the road .

If I remember correctly , the Tring results took quite a while 

Last year DD did the audition on the Friday and we got the results the following Saturday - so eight days. Good luck everyone xx

• Like 1

They did say they are seeing all the children auditioning for the musical theatre next week. Some were going for the dance and musical theatre courses so they were going to see everyone then start making decisions.