MAX

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

POB Coryphee Adrien Couvez (and probably many others) is not happy with this:

"Really, Opera de Paris, inviting a guy like this to Paris in 2019, it's just impossible. Our company promotes values of respect and tolerance! This man has no business being  among us."

• Like 7

I think the run is already sold out I have looked several times and it's been sold out every time so no need to bolster sales with Polunin.

Yes I have seen his recent homophobic etc rant on Twitter some very upset dancers out there not least the Trocks.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Don Q Fan said:

I think the run is already sold out I have looked several times and it's been sold out every time so no need to bolster sales with Polunin.

Yes I have seen his recent homophobic etc rant on Twitter some very upset dancers out there not least the Trocks.

I can't understand it and being gay myself - I find myself upset and to be honest - angry with Mr Polunin. I used to have a lot of time for him - I felt sorry for him and willing to see his point of view - I believe in live and let live and I wished him well.  I wonder why he has become so intolerant? But there is no room for hating people for no reason in my book - and there is quite enough of that about these days.

Edited by CHazell2
  • Like 14

Not just homophobic, but the very stupidest kind of sexism, and a very childish rant:  rude, vulgar, disrespectful to everybody and complete tripe into the bargain.

If that's being a 'wolf man' and a tiger man or whatever nonsense , you can keep it Sergei.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Ian Macmillan said:

I can't find it now to provide a link but, yesterday evening, I saw a Tweet from a male POB dancer expressing some disgust at the decision to invite Mr Polunin to dance with the Company.

Isn't this toursenloir’s post above?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pas de Quatre said:

If you look at famous figures in the arts and culture, whether centuries ago or recent, many of them are not very nice human beings (understatement).  

That's a fair point, but I'd consider it progress if people no longer put up with it, especially in a "team sport" like ballet.

• Like 3

sergeipolunin  (today on instagram)

Have suggestion let’s slap fat people when you see them it will help them and encourage them to loose some fat. No respect for laziness. Stop sitting on your ass and start exercising. Do you see lions or Lioness being fat??? It’s not healthy it’s ugly It’s Lazy. Stop waisting food get your ass up go to nature and start exercising or get slapped.

:(

I can’t help wondering if someone else has taken over his account or - and this is a more worrying thought - does he just do it for the publicity??  I just find these posts so different from his old style / his English has got worse for starters... 

Well... if someone else has taken over his official account he should be quicker than that to react !

Even Ludmila Pagliero one of the étoile of POB wrote a message yesterday on her instagram yesterday...

I don't believe anyone has taken over his account (if so he would have acted immediatly which he didn't!). It is all very much in line with his previous deluded, immature (frankly dumb) tweets and posts.

He should not be given any further attention and POB should cancel his guesting. He is a total disgrace! To tattoo Putin on his chest....really?? For POB, or any other company, to allow him to guest is to approve of all he stands for, all he says and has said. It is people like Polunin who fuel hatred, intolerance and racism through their social media accounts. Who does he think he is?

I have NO respect for him whatsoever, I don't even feel sorry for him.

PS. When not so long ago the RB generously offered him a "2nd chance" (Marguerite&Armand) and announced it on the ROH website, he arrogantly walked out of the arrangement to perform. It seems as if he is playing a game with them all: "yes I'll guest....no I won't perform..."

• Like 2

I think someone used to run his social media accounts for him over the last couple of years. Something about the way things were phrased made me feel like it wasn’t really him. I run the social media for the company I work at and Polunin’s updates tended to have the same odd formality that I end up using when posting about events I wasn’t actually at! So I could be wrong but I think it seems like this is him taking back control over his accounts. It would explain why his English has gotten worse. 

Edited by Toria
  • Like 3

On a more serious note, these homophobic rants will not endear him to future audiences which will make financial backers of his shows somewhat nervous.

i have long thought the only thing Sergei cares about is publicity which seems like a drug for him.  Is it possible thatPutin, who knows Polunin has/had a following in the West, has given him financial backing?  It is hard to see how he makes much of a living with his guest appearances and, increasingly, these will dry up as he loses appeal.

• Like 2