Interview with Graham Lustig

42 minutes ago, Darlex said:

Enjoyed his ballet, Paramour, for SWRB in the 80s - a cast that included Galina Samsova and Marion Tait. 

I danced in Paramour! It is a wonderfully-stylized ballet, isn't it? And Graham's partnering choreography is always super challenging and effective. And...Eva Evdokimova was the principal dancer - what a luxury to share a stage with her.

• Like 2

I missed Graham, both as a dancer and choreographer, with special admiration for Paramour.  The 4 corps guys were all my great favourites, Vincent Redmon, both Brothers O 'Hare and Andrew Allen(Wilson).

Like Janet, he was one of my all  time favourite Will Mossops, especially dancing with Marion who was so 'right' as Maggie.  One of my greatest memories was in Liverpool (I am sure Janet was there) for the very last performance of SWRB.  In the big pas de deux in the third act both of them were dancing with tears streaming down their faces.  

• Like 1

I wish I had seen him in Hobson's Choice. I saw it so many times, but I think only ever with Michael O'Hare in the role, first with Karen Donovan and then with Marion Tait - both wonderful. 

Michael as  Will Mossop was about as great a performance as you could wish with a number of Maggies, including Letitia Muller even though she was far too beautiful for the role.  But I have enjoyed other great Wills, including Robert Parker, David Justin, and Alex Campbell.  I am hugely looking forward to seeing Lachlan Monaghan and possibly Mathias Dingman in the Summer.

Having said all of that there was something very special about Graham Lustig and no one else has ever quite brought off the change from downtrodden shop elf to respectable and prosperous business man as well as he did, in my opinion.

• Like 1