Dear Mr. Taylor

1 hour ago, alison said:

Are you talking about the "running it as a business" bit or the "re-invigorating stakeholder relations / stakeholder and community engagement / prioritizing the ballet’s relationships with stakeholders" bit, Ian?

If I go to the ballet, am I a stake-holder?  If the answer is yes, why do I seem to matter a whole lot less than somebody wandering in to get out of the rain and enjoying a takeaway Chinese in the Champagne Hall?

• Like 1

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he explains in very broad terms what they did, but too broadly for us to get any clear idea of the specific measures taken.  However, it was a bit naughty of me to have introduced this into a ROH Thread for the situations are far from identical.  To the best of my knowledge, Mr Clausen has been involved in keeping afloat just a ballet company and not the theatres in which it normally performs - there are two, I think, in Calgary and Edmonton.  And again, if I'm correct, his Board will have been responsible for the entire financing of the Company, for I doubt that it receives much (if any) Provincial or Federal support.  Canadian Forum members, feel free to tell me I'm wrong.