Naxos has bought the Opus Arte label from the ROH

I quite like this statement in the announcement:

"Naxos has also signed a long-term agreement with the Royal Opera House which will give it 'the first option to distribute and market new and upcoming audiovisual recordings of opera and ballet performances from the Royal Opera House on DVD and Blu-ray, as well as to television, video on demand platforms and educational and other licensing partners'."

This makes me think we'll get more disc releases and less likely to get limited to streaming only.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Timmie said:

This makes me think we'll get more disc releases and less likely to get limited to streaming only.

I agree - I'm hoping Woolf Works is a start and we'll see a number of past cinema relays released as DVDs as well as new relays.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Some concerns at the moment. Despite the statement from Naxos Chairman, that "the experienced Opus Arte team will remain on board', staff report that up to 50% have left during the first 6 weeks, whilst some others who have remained, are no longer part of the team. So the future for customers like ourselves becomes uncertain. We just have to wait and see what remains  in terms of quality and selection.

• Like 1