Christmas present ideas 2018

Jan McNulty

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Confuddled said:

I’ve just been thinking Christmas presents! Looking for a hoody (with a zip) for dd, to avoid the ‘ruining the bun while trying to take off the hoody’ issue. 

Ballet/dance themed, Confuddled? The RAD shop usually has some nice hoodies.   They used to do zip hoodies for children; not sure if that’s still the case but they have some for teens at the moment:  https://www.radenterprises.co.uk/clothing/hoodies-and-sweats/teens/arabesque-slim-fit-zip-hoodie-grey

On 27/10/2018 at 22:31, Anna C said:

Ballet/dance themed, Confuddled? The RAD shop usually has some nice hoodies.   They used to do zip hoodies for children; not sure if that’s still the case but they have some for teens at the moment:  https://www.radenterprises.co.uk/clothing/hoodies-and-sweats/teens/arabesque-slim-fit-zip-hoodie-grey

I’ll have a look, thanks!

On 27/10/2018 at 22:38, Anna C said:

Or Pineapple which my dd used to love when she was younger:  https://www.pineapple.uk.com/shop/girls/tops/girls-diamante-zip-jacket.html

Thanks!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

I had seen the Dot aswell, but this looks great. Will this be ok for DD to practice pirouettes and pointe work when she started after Xmas?

We have an off cut of this type of flooring and it is basically a non-slip linoleum - it the same as the flooring you might get in a studio just not stuck down - so should be fine for pirouettes and pointe.

5 hours ago, margarite said:

Does anyone know why you can’t use it on carpet?

As noted by DancingShoes it will depend on the carpet and also the actually flooring you buy as some of them - the non-flexible ones - are more rigid so the carpet wouldn't impact as much.  DD's friend has a solid board for tap that sits on carpet but not sure what it would do for the carpet.

• Like 1

DS has asked for tickets to see Matthew Bournes Swan Lake in the New Year. This weekend I’ve ordered a toy swan to hold the tickets (bought him good seats) and a tiny personalised music box from eBay that plays the music from swan lake. See where I’m going with this theme? Lol!! xx

• Like 8

Well you put me to shame.... don’t think I’ve ever been so thoughtful - hats off to you MrsMoo! 

suspect a few of us are now seeing how we can copy this one...

nutcracker tickets in the teeth of a nutcracker doll perhaps? Hee hee! 

Edited by Peanut68
Typo
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

Well you put me to shame.... don’t think I’ve ever been so thoughtful - hats off to you MrsMoo! 

I did this for my dd last year, nutcracker doll had the tickets tied on a ribbon around his neck. 

16 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

I’m sure it will be wasted on him and once he sees the tickets the swan will be cast adrift! Lol!! 😂😂 Just wanted a better way to hand them to him than an envelope! 😆 xx

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 13:15, Jan McNulty said:

Francesca Hayward has collaborated on a range with Lululemon.  Expensive but maybe for a treat...

Place your Christmas Gift and Wish lists. Who knows, if you put them on the forum, you may get a pleasant surprise.
There are some bargains around at the moment. I purchased the DVD of Mariinsky Swan Lake with Lapotkina  for a friend for £2.97. For another friend, The Royal Ballet 2010 Calender for £7.69 from Rivermead books, on ebay. For another Bolshoi – Petit La Dame De Pique at £7.86.
The Kirov Sleeping beauty sits at £1.50 plus p&p on CEX online, as does the Royal Ballet Nutcracker at £6, Kirov Nutcracker at £4, Royal Ballet Sleeping Beauty at £6, The Royal Ballet 1960 for £1, Box set The Romantic Ballet, Swan Lake, Giselle and La Sylphide for £6, Royal Ballet – Alices Adventures in Wonderland at £8, Bolshoi Spartacus  DVD £5 , BLUE-RAY £8, American Ballet Giselle at £5, Royal Ballet Kenneth MacMillan triple including Elite Syncopations, Royal Ballet Romeo & Juliet Blu-Ray at £4.

All ideas appreciated .

I do hope this is okay: Jeanette Kakareka (Lily leotard) and Xander Parish (Will Plié For Pizza hoodie) wearing Cloud and Victory, ethical balletwear from Singapore. Min and her squad post to anywhere, beautifully wrapped.

IMG_20181112_234906.jpg

I bought the hoodie and a leotard each for two of my nieces and now half their dance school has the hoodie! They have gorgeous ombré rehearsal skirts in two lengths, as seen on La Nuñez 😉 I found them via Min's very funny repurposed (captioned) ballet videos and photos...and a mutual love of The Abs of Roberto.

Edited by Sophoife
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like I am the only one whose daughter does not want/ like "ballet themed" gifts :-) and asked for Lego instead :-) 

I used to do ballet hamper basket for her where i put all sorts, DVD's, cosmetics, T-shirt, tickets but her face expression just said it all.

• Like 2

On 06/12/2018 at 13:15, FlexyNexy said:

It looks like I am the only one whose daughter does not want/ like "ballet themed" gifts 🙂 and asked for Lego instead 🙂

I used to do ballet hamper basket for her where i put all sorts, DVD's, cosmetics, T-shirt, tickets but her face expression just said it all.

We too, are having a ballet free Christmas!

Going to enjoy every minute!