Secondary school recommendations

AdageKitty

Hi everyone!

Aside from the 5 vocational ballet schools across the country, I was wondering if anyone might know of any good state secondary schools that do dance (or at least those that support it!).

Preferably around West London.

I was thinking something along the lines that are similar to the Friern Barnet school that have an Extended Arts Programme. Unfortunately they are too far for us.

Thank you!

Hi AdageKitty-  are you including YDA -Young Dancers Academy in Shepherds Bush in the 5? There is  Also St Marylebone girls school who award a scholarship to 4 or 5 dancers each Year to start in year 7. They are a state academic school with a strong arts/drama/dance focus. If not offered an arts scholarship, entry to the school is broadly based on church attendance. 

• Like 1

On 03/10/2018 at 16:28, Aklf said:

Hi AdageKitty-  are you including YDA -Young Dancers Academy in Shepherds Bush in the 5? There is  Also St Marylebone girls school who award a scholarship to 4 or 5 dancers each Year to start in year 7. They are a state academic school with a strong arts/drama/dance focus. If not offered an arts scholarship, entry to the school is broadly based on church attendance. 

Thank for the St Marylebone tip - I will have a look.  

2 hours ago, invisiblecircus said:

Which are the 5 schools? RBS, Elmhurst, Tring and Hammond are the 4 that attract MDS funding, but which is the 5th school you have in mind?

I wasn’t sure whether to include YDA or Moorland (as someone mentioned earlier) so I guess we can even make it 6!

Shame that there aren’t many alternatives, however someone at Friern Barnet hinted that they weren’t the only school in London that offered the EAP and after an extensive search I still wasn’t able to find out which they were!