World Ballet Day 2018 - feedback and discussion

40 minutes ago, RHowarth said:

Well I've taken the day off work as usual but there doesn't seem to be one stream like there usually is, on either YouTube or Facebook? I guess I'll just settle for watching the RB from 12pm and catching up with the rest once I work out what they're doing... 

the Bolshoi class is on right now

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mary said:

where Dave? I can't make the WBD website work.....

go to the Bolshoi link, then navigate down a bit till you see the 'live' link (inside a wee red box in te top left corner of the image). Then enlarge that image. At least, that's what I did...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Here's the Facebook route for watching the Bolshoi

https://www.facebook.com/bolshoitheatre/videos/143192186631881/

Great.  It's links like this that all the companies should be putting out - deliver you straight to the stream, not genic links that require you to do more navigation and make full screen etc. I'm not the only one who does little to nothing on Facebook.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Here's the Facebook route for watching the Bolshoi

https://www.facebook.com/bolshoitheatre/videos/143192186631881/

I just tried this and it didn't work.  Neither did the WBD link.   Why on earth can't we just have one WBD channel that streams the whole thing?  While we are wasting all this time we are missing out!  😠😡

• Like 5

We finally found the live stream after much aggravation. Why they can’t use a central site is beyond me and I’ve missed all of the Australian Ballet and don’t know which  ballet the Bolshoi is rehearsing. Every year it’s so frustrating.

• Like 3

Just now, Fiz said:

We finally found the live stream after much aggravation. Why they can’t use a central site is beyond me and I’ve missed all of the Australian Ballet and don’t know which  ballet the Bolshoi is rehearsing. Every year it’s so frustrating.

Bayadere, is what they are doing at the mo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fiz said:

Thanks, Dave. I don’t like the repetiteur. Those poor young creatures!

It's an interesting coaching style - exclusively negative feedback!  I was just reading a BBC news article about Manchester Student Union banning clapping in case it makes them anxious, and wondering how those precious little dears would react to having all their faults shouted at them in front of the whole world.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

but then one got a sympathetic shoulder when she told of her back hurting. 

perfection doesn't come easy!

they won't have got this far without being tough cookies!  I'm sure there's a point where you're so technically strong that you just want specific correction in any case, not US-style 'good job' all the time.

I was amused earlier by the very Russian, downbeat style of the guy interviewing the kids who were auditioning for the academy - 'this will be the last cookie you ever eat', 'what will you do now, give up?'.  Not a 'medals for everybody who came' culture!  

26 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

I'm really not keen on the repetiteur taking the Bolshoi rehearsal at the moment.  I know being in the corps is very difficult but he should really show the dancers at least a modicum of respect.

I only caught a bit of the Corps rehearsal but Vaziev, the director of the company, was the repetiteur while I was watching.

14 minutes ago, RuthE said:

Can somebody please explain how I can get this to display on my Smart TV? My TV Cast app won’t work because the live video is embedded in Facebook.

Not sure if this helps but on my phone there was a sort of TV screen icon on the live video top right, and I was able to connect to my Chromecast from there.

Sorry - it’s so frustrating when these things don’t work.

it does look as if you might be able to link to the ROH live stream at 12:00 direct from their website - under News and World Ballet Day - scroll down. Still takes you to Facebook but fewer links to faff with.