Pointing toes in ballet

aisha

Having done our performance I can now see how everyone remembers the first time they performed in front of an audience, whether small or large. Only had around 20 minutes but we all loved it and the small audience were so supportive.

And I got to wear my new dance outfit :D.

Fantastic how people can be so supportive without realising it.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Tried something on similar to this outfit, it is mesh and feels so nice to wear but having got shorts not long ago for ballet I was wondering if it is best to stick to them. Also would I be okay with bare legs if I had a skirt. I am getting the bug now for dance wear.

Any advice would be great 3

• Like 1

Add a pair in convertible pink or black baller tights & you are ready for anything! Convertible means they have a pre- made hole in sole of foot of tights so you can pull over foot, roll up a little & wear them as footless tights.... so useful for dance/fitness where near feet are helpful.... so 2 pairs for price of one! My DD & I really like a brand called Silky as inexpensive c. £5 a pair (we get on Amazon) fit well with nice slestic held in feeling,  hold colour & wash well & are not easily laddered & seem to last ages!

Glad to head your interest is going from strength to strength! 

• Like 1

I'm sure you will look great in above outfit...I would go for black tights personally ( not a pink fan ) 

I often go to Uniglo now for their footless tights .....which they may class as leggings ....as they are so easy to get on and off and are lovely and soft!

I used to wear Bloch which are probably more supportive really but when you are in a hurry are awkward to get on....it's almost like they resist you pulling them up.....I know sounds crazy....but have cursed them a few times when falling about the place trying to put them on!! 

• Like 1

Thank You, Not a fan of pink either and footless tights should work well as I still go barefooted ( cannot get used to pumps). I would have went with bare legs as I do with shorts but the skirt is fairly short 😌 and while I am not too shy I feel tights may be needed.🙂

May wait till after Xmas as might get some bargains😀. xx

• Like 1

I’m inclined to plead for either tights or shorts on dancers. There’s nothing quite like coming out of a forward port de bras  a bit early behind a lady with a leotard and no tights or shorts. Dance skirts don’t help the situation much. 😱😳

(I mean, look, I’m as professional about the whole being-surrounded-by-scantily-clad-beautiful-women thing as possible but really …)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, glissade said:

Aisha - I'm just curious. Do the other students at your ballet school call them "pumps" as well? I've only ever come across the term as fashion shoes, not ballet shoes.

Hi. I have always called them or known them as ballet pumps, even before I did any dancing. ( most of us call them ballet pumps or ballet shoes)

Are you still getting some ballet shoes for Christmas, Aisha? I know you say you’re used to dancing barefoot now but if you want to continue ballet you really are going to need shoes.  As we said before, “brushing” the floor in tendus, turning and so on all require shoes if you want to avoid hurting your knees because bare feet are too grippy on the floor.

• Like 2