Royal Ballet Insight Events - News & links

I don't think we have a similar thread to this which I hope will be useful for alerting people to what web relays are coming up, where and when.

N.B. I have changed the title of this thread to point out that it is for notices of Insight Events and where to find the links for web streaming before (and after) the events. Wider discussion of Insights should be in Royal Ballet Insights and Rehearsals discussion.

Edited by John Mallinson
For clarification.
  • Like 9

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

Hopefully Thursday's Unknown Soldier will also be broadcast.

Who knows. The streaming of the Mayerling insight doesn't seem to be announced on the ROH website or Facebook and was only posted on Twitter at 11am. Thursday's insight is labelled as 'filming' so maybe it will be.

Nice new seats in the Clore! Fully of the tip-up-seat-with-optional-plastic-arm-rests variety, with adequate legroom for most.

As for Melissa Hamilton and Ryoichi Hirano’s Mayerling scenes, I suppose I’m glad it felt like watching a performance, because I can’t get to either of this cast’s actual shows :(

• Like 5

9 hours ago, JohnS said:

there seemed to be a number of empty seats

...yet it has been showing as "Sold Out" for months.

Not for the first time, I can't help wondering exactly how ROH go about allocating seats for Insights. It rather looks as if a certain number are held back for some department or organisation which can't bothered, not only to use their allocation but even to pass the news back that the tickets won't be needed. Or maybe someone in the Insight department is being lazy. 

• Like 1

I think the Mayerling Twitter notification was early evening, an hour or so before the broadcast, although John had placed a YouTube link late morning.  I can't understand why the ROH communications team is hiding so much light under what must be a fast growing bushel.  Still no 'News' article about the Mayerling Insight.  I have asked but not yet had a response.

• Like 4

Thanks John - it looks as if the next Insight is La Bayadere on 24 October which says it's being filmed.  Perhaps start a new thread for that?  The Mayerling student Insight a couple of days later doesn't look as if it's being filmed which is a shame as it's only available for ROH students - I didn't see any references to any dancing and by then of course the Mayerling run is nearing its end.

8 hours ago, alison said:

Yes, Lin, we need to do some surgery and move the feedback away from the information. 

Now done here:

It's a little messy, because some postings could have fitted in either thread, but I hope it largely makes sense.

• Like 1

• John Mallinson changed the title to Royal Ballet Insight Evening news & links
  • 4 weeks later...

As The Royal Ballet prepare for the return of Natalia Makarova's La Bayadère, the Company will livestream rehearsals on 24 October 2018 from 7.30pm BST.

The Insight stream will feature Principals Yasmine Naghdi and Akane Takada being coached by Makarova, as well as interviews.

Watch the livestream via this page, or via the Royal Opera House YouTube channel.

Very excited to be going to see Akane and  Yasmine with  Natalia Makarova tomorrow, and good to know it is also being broadcast live. 

• Like 3

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/watch-live-the-royal-ballet-rehearse-la-bayadere-on-24-october-2018

Principals Yasmine Naghdi (Gamzatti) and Akane Takada (Nikiya) will be rehearsed by Makarova during tomorrow's livestream.

PS. Sorry Richard LH for the doubling up. When I posted the above your post wasn't visible to me. Please feel free to delete my post. 

Edited by Xandra Newman
to add info

• Jan McNulty changed the title to La Bayadere Insight 24 October 2018 (livestream)
21 minutes ago, RuthE said:

Does anyone know if I am correct in assuming that the live stream will be available on demand to watch afterwards? I'm out this evening...

So am I - I do hope it will be.  If so, at least we’ll be able to find it afterwards, given that it’s being streamed via Youtube as opposed to Facebook Live. 

• Like 1

Wonderful.  "Your browser does not currently recognise any of the video formats available."

Why on earth not?  I don't usually have problems watching YouTube.

I left work earlier specifically to be able to watch this live for once :(