Royal Ballet School - spring intensive and summer school 2019

Mouseys mum

55 minutes ago, allnewtome said:

Waiting list here too! Im taking it as a no.  Also makes me wonder weather it is worth attending the Mids audition?! 

I didn't tell my daughter I was applying for Summer School for her.  I figured that way she wouldn't be disappointed if it was a no.  Glad I didn't now as I won't have to tell her anything and she will carry on with christmas in blissful ignorance! 

Well done to those with a yes x 

Don’t write off any other opportunity at RBS because the Summer Intensive didn’t work out.... my dd got waiting list for Summer school in Yr 6 and then offered place at WL full time 2 months later...

• Like 4

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, LoveOfBallet said:

Waitlist! Does anyone know why the RBS notifies people of available spots so late? I'd like to be able to plan a trip to London before March and not be notified a month before.

I imagine any place that you hear of late is due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness/injury/visa or travel or finance issues. I expect acceptance & deposit payment will be much sooner than March so places may (ever hopeful..... wait list here too!) come up then if any (does anyone ever????) turns down a place....

I wish all well & let’s hope all DC get dance opportunities & have fun this Summer! 

A 'no' for my dd. Next is Mids - at least for that one they can see the students in real life! Really puzzled how they pick from photos alone for the summer school. It would be interesting to see the photos of the ones who are selected!

• Like 1

For those of you who were admitted to RBS Summer Intensive,  "Congratulations!"  My dd is on the waiting list and feels honoured just to have been considered at all. 💜 By what date does RBS require a response from those accepted?  Does anyone not go ( other than unforeseen circumstances)?  

15 minutes ago, Maman said:

For those of you who were admitted to RBS Summer Intensive,  "Congratulations!"  My dd is on the waiting list and feels honoured just to have been considered at all. 💜 By what date does RBS require a response from those accepted?  Does anyone not go ( other than unforeseen circumstances)?  

You had to accept by January 8th. X

Hi everyone! Oh my, it's been so long since I last posted 😂 I actually have a RB summer school related question to ask on behalf of some friends. My English student here in Budapest has been accepted onto the Covent Garden SI from 16th to 27th July (she's a beauty!) so she'll be travelling to London with her mum. They're looking for somewhere to stay for the duration, ideally as close to Covent Garden as possible - does anyone have any recommendations? Please reply or drop me a PM if you do, and thank you all in advance!

Mods - Please feel free to move this post, I wasn't 100% sure if this was the best place 😉 

As far as 'does anyone not go', I would say financial circumstances would limit people as much as unforeseen circumstances do. I have a girl at my studio in Aus who is absolutely stunning. Despite coming to ballet quite late, she has well and truly blossomed this year, and after years of getting turned down for every single program she has applied for, this has been the year of yeses! On top of a number of other successes this year, she has now been accepted into Covent Garden SS. Unfortunately, coming from a single parent family on the other side of the world and with siblings that also must be considered, it may not be possible for her to take up her place. The application form discusses financial aid being available and encourages everyone to apply regardless of their circumstances, but I think some people might be relying on that financial aid when they make their application, and when it comes time to accept their place they realise that it's simply not possible.

The girl at my studio is doing everything she can to fundraise currently, but she's also being very mature and has accepted that it just might not happen. She's very aware that her family circumstances might limit the opportunities she's able to take up. However, she is utterly thrilled just to have got a yes, finally. It's been a huge boost to her self-esteem and an acknowledgment that at least one big international school likes her. And if it doesn't work out for and she has to decline her place, then another talented dancer will get the opportunity of a lifetime :) 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, my dd is on the waiting list too for the WL summer intensive. At first I thought it was a good thing till I discovered that all her other friends from her school, (which are all her age) are all on the waiting list too. They all received the same email, they only changed the names. It is a sad thing as we thought we could have a small chance to get in. I ask why are they sending a lot of waiting list places instead of a no? I have been reading a lot of posts on social media that they're on the waiting list too.  

Not sure why they put so many on wait list when so few places actually become available. But even if a place doesn’t materialise it does mean that they are still interested and your photos will be recorded for future auditions/ intensives. As we’ve heard before on this forum, dancers have been turned down for summer school and gone on to get a full time place at White Lodge or been lucky with future intensives.

On 27/12/2018 at 11:01, Megaly said:

Hi everyone, my dd is on the waiting list too for the WL summer intensive. At first I thought it was a good thing till I discovered that all her other friends from her school, (which are all her age) are all on the waiting list too. They all received the same email, they only changed the names. It is a sad thing as we thought we could have a small chance to get in. I ask why are they sending a lot of waiting list places instead of a no? I have been reading a lot of posts on social media that they're on the waiting list too.  

I have always taken waiting lists of any kind and any school as a no. I even told my DD that is no and we have moved on to another plan.

1 hour ago, FlexyNexy said:

I have always taken waiting lists of any kind and any school as a no. I even told my DD that is no and we have moved on to another plan.

My Dd got wait listed and a place came up very late in the day. She is now there full time . It can happen but probably best to make other plans too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...