Royal Ballet School - spring intensive and summer school 2019

Mouseys mum

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaayyy!!! A yes for my son (10) wk1, non-residential, he said it’s the best Christmas present 💝 ever.

He hasn’t stopped pirouetting since I read him the email.

What’s so funny is I’d forgotten all about it, so was as happy as he was when I read the email. 😁

• Like 5

Waiting list here too! Im taking it as a no.  Also makes me wonder weather it is worth attending the Mids audition?! 

I didn't tell my daughter I was applying for Summer School for her.  I figured that way she wouldn't be disappointed if it was a no.  Glad I didn't now as I won't have to tell her anything and she will carry on with christmas in blissful ignorance! 

Well done to those with a yes x 

1 minute ago, allnewtome said:

Waiting list here too! Im taking it as a no.  Also makes me wonder weather it is worth attending the Mids audition?! 

I didn't tell my daughter I was applying for Summer School for her.  I figured that way she wouldn't be disappointed if it was a no.  Glad I didn't now as I won't have to tell her anything and she will carry on with christmas in blissful ignorance! 

Well done to those with a yes x 

Sorry to hear it’s a no. Don’t write off Mids. My DD didn’t get a summer school place, but got WL waiting list and a place in Mids.

• Like 1

9 yo DD justo wait listed for summer intensive, so i join the club of mothers asking if anybody on this forum has ever got a place from summer wait list? wasn't expecting any place as photos not perfect and she isn't hugely experienced, so does anybody know how many are usually on the wait list? good luck to all others waiting on results x

1 hour ago, TutuTaxi said:

Waiting list for DD...does anyone get in on a waiting list for summer intensive? Does anyone know if there is a cut off to be offered a place off the list?

how old is you little one? we're wait list too. not even sure which summer week i applied for- maybe there was only one for 9 yo. wasn't really concentrating at the time!

Don't assume that not getting a place at Summer intensive means there isn't a good chance for Mids.  The Summer intensive is truly international and dancers from UK are a minority, i.e. fewer are accepted than there will be for places in Mid Associates.  I have had pupils who were Mids, and throughout the years there were only 1 or 2 from each Mids class who went in the Summer.  

Edited by Pas de Quatre
grammar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

9 yo DD justo wait listed for summer intensive, so i join the club of mothers asking if anybody on this forum has ever got a place from summer wait list? wasn't expecting any place as photos not perfect and she isn't hugely experienced, so does anybody know how many are usually on the wait list? good luck to all others waiting on results x

DD's first summer attending was off the wait list and very late in the game - she received invite in June.