Royal Ballet School - spring intensive and summer school 2019

Mouseys mum

Hi my daughter wants to apply for the RBS spring intensive and summer school for 2019. She isnt bothered which one she attends if she is even lucky enough to receive a place (she knows its a huge long shot).

Question I have though ....can we do one application and one application fee to cover all 3 options?  Or do we do a seperate application for spring intensive and one for summer school? I have emailed and asked but no reply yet.

Also has anyone applied and know when we will be notified of results? 

Is a week for spring intensive long enough? Has anyone had a child attend?

thanks

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t answer all your questions but my Dd loved the Spring Intensive. She has done both Summer and Spring and enjoyed both for different reasons. The Summer tends to be mainly foreign students ( only 4 British students in her group) and the classes were technically a little more challenging. Spring was easier to make friends as more home students. Think this is possibly due to the spring Intensive in Hong Kong which obviously attracted the Australian and Asian students. Not sure if this is the situation this year though. I’m not sure how old your Dd is but 1 week is plenty as the day is long and challenging, happy and tiring. 

I think it will be separate applications and fees. They are usually pretty strict and organised about these things due to the huge numbers of applications.

Good Luck

6 hours ago, Mouseys mum said:

Hi my daughter wants to apply for the RBS spring intensive and summer school for 2019. She isnt bothered which one she attends if she is even lucky enough to receive a place (she knows its a huge long shot).

Question I have though ....can we do one application and one application fee to cover all 3 options?  Or do we do a seperate application for spring intensive and one for summer school? I have emailed and asked but no reply yet.

Also has anyone applied and know when we will be notified of results? 

Is a week for spring intensive long enough? Has anyone had a child attend?

thanks

Last year it was the same application and I’m sure the fee covered applying for either one or both x 

• Like 1

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Royal Ballet School - spring intensive and summer school 2019
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mouseys mum said:

Just completing application form. On the last page there is a question regarding access requirements. Does anyone know what this question related too? You have to enter something in the box and I dont understand what the question is!! Help?!! Thanks

what is the exact phrasing  of the question ? 

Jan makes avalid point   that it's often a standard Equality Act   reasonable adpatations   based question, access needs are not just mobility  ( hearing impairments, visual impairments,  ASD , dyslexia  etc   can all lead to a need for reasonable adaptations to the  adminstrative  side of a selection process ) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2018 at 11:52, Jan McNulty said:

I can't answer specifically for this but usually questions on forms about "Access" are asking whether somebody needs help eg mobility help, visual impairment help, hearing help.

Depending on the age of the applicant there maybe space to comment if the main carer/parent/chaperone has difficulty for access. An important factor if the specific requirements means a child has to be signed in and out daily by an adult and that adult can't access the facilities.incl the theatre/hall used for the end of week performances ie ENBS is a classic example

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Darkbeans said:

DD has wait list. Anyone know how long wait list is or what the chances of getting a place are? I’ll take it as almost certainly a no, but just carry on waiting! 

I don't know how long it is. DD had wait list last year but no place came up.

Email came today though saying she has a place for this year so I guess it's worth applying again even if a place doesn't come up this year. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

So a little Facebook search showed a boy in Australia has a yes for summer! I had forgotten what the waiting was like for things - haven't done it for two years nearly since waiting for JA results!

I was surprised to read this as the summer school applications are still open so went to look and they have now changed this to say it is for the Spring course.