Eliteballet

RBS Mid Associate Training.

DD just got a no from Manchester - it was what she expected and it's been helped by getting a reserve list place for Northern Ballet (results same day, my poor heart!) so she's fine about it. First ever auditions... what a learning curve!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Streetdancer said:

DD just got a no from Manchester - it was what she expected and it's been helped by getting a reserve list place for Northern Ballet (results same day, my poor heart!) so she's fine about it. First ever auditions... what a learning curve!! 

Congratulations to dd for getting reserve list for Northern Ballet 👍 It is such a stressful time and now it's just another waiting game x

• Like 1

First reply ever, although been following everyone's stories for ages!! We received a Manchester year 7 yes about 6.15pm.  Never been a JA. 

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, CMS said:

First reply ever, although been following everyone's stories for ages!! We received a Manchester year 7 yes about 6.15pm.  Never been a JA. 

WOWWWWW!!!!

19 minutes ago, CMS said:

Well done to your Dd CMS , she will be joining my daughters class , she started in September and had never been a JA either . She will love it , they are a lovely group . Does she know anyone in the group already ? Look forward to seeing you in September x 

• Like 5

Thank you auditioned just once for year 5. We don't know anyone there so she'll be the quiet one. Does anyone know when the class is?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CMS said:

Thank you auditioned just once for year 5. We don't know anyone there so she'll be the quiet one. Does anyone know when the class is?

Awh she will be fine . It’s 10- 12.45 on saturdays . Do you have far ro travel ? X 

4 minutes ago, Skintdancemum said:

Awh she will be fine . It’s 10- 12.45 on saturdays . Do you have far ro travel ? X 

8 minutes ago, CMS said:

Welcome to our lovely MA Manchester class. Well done

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CMS said:

Congratulations to your dd you both must be trilled 😃 X

• Like 1

Hello CMS and welcome out of the lurking shadows!  Now that you've broken the posting ice I do hope you will continue to join in.

SWL for my DD at Manchester. Fingers crossed a place comes up, but she has also gained a 2nd year at Northern Ballet so all is not lost. Does anyone know if anyone has ever gained a place on Mids after being on SWL? X

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SuperCooper said:

SWL for my DD at Manchester. Fingers crossed a place comes up, but she has also gained a 2nd year at Northern Ballet so all is not lost. Does anyone know if anyone has ever gained a place on Mids after being on SWL? X

It's definitely a possibility, so don't give up hope yet. There are generally a few students who turn down MA places because they have accepted full time places at other vocational schools. Good luck!

• Like 3

Welcome to the madness CMS. Hope to hear more from you and I wish your daughter lots of luck. 

Heard this morning about a friend's daughter getting a Senior Associate place, so good luck to anyone waiting to hear about those.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperCooper said:

Yes, absolutely, keep you phone to hand, more MA offers are made once the full timers have made their choices.

• Like 2

Advanced Associates for my DD. Nice news after a tricky couple of years :)

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

My DD wasn’t allowed to do MA’s when she was at Hammond. I think it is very short sighted of them. Hope they change their minds (does it still clash with the timetable?)

Edited by angel

14 minutes ago, angel said:

My DD wasn’t allowed to do MA’s when she was at Hammond. I think it is very short sighted of them. Hope they change their minds (does it still clash with the timetable?)

I'm not sure. The Birmingham SAs are later in the day though, around 4pm. Need to think things through realistically though. We're a good 2-3 hours away from Hammond, so will need to drive there to pick DD up, drive her to Birmingham, to then drive back to drop her off, and then the journey home! 😬

Yuck! That’s not a great idea. Personally (and with years of hindsight) I’d invest my time and money on a private lesson nearer home. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, angel said:

Yuck! That’s not a great idea. Personally (and with years of hindsight) I’d invest my time and money on a private lesson nearer home. 

It's still something amazing to add to her CV of successes too. 😊

5 minutes ago, Danceintherain said:

It's still something amazing to add to her CV of successes too. 😊

Indeed it is :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danceintherain said:

SA for DD!!! Will probably have to decline though cos DD starts Hammond in September.

Congratulations!! 

• Like 1

London MA results are out - just got our expected 'No". I think the RBS admin staff must roll their eyes when DD's name comes up AGAIN! 

Fingers crossed for those waiting xx

• Like 3

We got SWL for London year 7! Can’t see a space coming up, never did when we were on year 5 JA waiting list!! When do people have to accept their places by just so we roughly know when movement might happen!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Danceintherain said:

I'm not sure. The Birmingham SAs are later in the day though, around 4pm. Need to think things through realistically though. We're a good 2-3 hours away from Hammond, so will need to drive there to pick DD up, drive her to Birmingham, to then drive back to drop her off, and then the journey home! 😬

Would it be worth it for SA?