Natalia Osipova: Pure Dance, London, September 2018

First thanks to Bruce and Floss for sharing their expert knowledge on Tudor and Ashton. I think it is very sad that the uk art form is missing out on these pieces. I hope that they won't be lost.

Unlike many others who have posted i really enjoyed Six Years Later and I think the second part to The Marmalade would  make a great YouTube clip.

i think my approach to these events is similar to BMC, I don't expect to like everything but hope the balance may be more positive than negative. I apply the same approach to triple bills and there is usually at least one piece that I don't enjoy (last season Obsidian Tear).

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SPD444 said:

One lovely incident at the curtain calls, Natalia must have thought they were over as when the lights came on again there she was sitting on the stage. The boys started laughing which she joined in with.

And Jason Kittelberger lifted her up and carried to the front of the stage for another curtain call!

Loved it.

• Like 3

Bruce Wall wrote: "... the person you are really quoting vis a vis this 'perfect partnership' business - IS Osipova."

It is not only Osipova, Bruce. For numerous those who saw Osipova and Hallberg together in "Giselle" and "R & J" it was unforgettable. They hugely complement each other. She inspires him in dramatic roles, while herself is especially feminine in his hands. There is also a winning contrast between them both physically as well as between his nobleness and her spontaneity and self-abandonment.

I definitely will keep fingers crossed for their "R & J" in 2018/19".

• Like 4

Thank you all for your interesting and so various reviews! Really love to read all your different thoughts about the performances and demonstrating how the people connect differently to the art.

I thought about a long time if I should go but decided against it because of a few reasons. Like a few others here I wasn´t so happy about Osipovas last attempt as a producer of a show. And like capybara I don´t find Hallberg attractive as a dancer at all not his movements and definitely not his bland face. Well, maybe I need to see him with Osipova ( who I love as a dancer!) to appreciate him...But it seems that the decision to put my money to Lagrasse instead of London in September wasn´t the worst decision.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Amelia said:

I definitely will keep fingers crossed for their "R & J" in 2018/19".

I think that you will probably get your wish, Amelia. However, on the basis of his showing last week, I would prefer to see Osipova's  Juliet, which I'm sure will be lovely, with someone else.

Unfortunately, I didn't see any evidence of her inspiring Hallberg, even though she was relating to him wondrously. But, obviously, others read things very differently.

• Like 3