ENBS 2019 Summer School

Peanut68

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their web sight says three weeks after a live audition date.

We have just booked studio space for half-term so hoping that places will still be available in a months time.  Will going back to the old venue reduce places - I assumed the new site would have more space - just worried that the cost of applying will not be worth it.

2 hours ago, valentina said:

It’s a  very good Summer School Newdancermum. So if you can you can still go for it, would be definitely worth the effort. I am sure if you’re Dd meets the requirements, there will be a space for her.

Thank you - at the very least it will be nice for her to do a one-to-one coaching session.  We have allowed plenty time to do normal class work and then work on the video.

My 16 year old daughter will be attending all 4 weeks at ENB. She is coming from Canada. I am wondering if anyone has had experience with there Homestay programs there or is there a place that a lot of girls will be staying? Sorry if this is on the wrong thread. 

2 hours ago, junedancer said:

For those who were at the 2nd Feb audition, is this be the day we need to keep refreshing those e-mails I wonder? :unsure: 

Hope so. The email had said 14 days. Probably a mistake but I need to sort out summer hols.

57 minutes ago, KarenP said:

Hope so. The email had said 14 days. Probably a mistake but I need to sort out summer hols.

This is my concern as if I don't get my dates in I may not get the time off.  We are not very confident about a place so will have to start looking elsewhere anyway and dates of what we are looking at are different.  If I book leave now I won't necessarily be able to change it.

We are starting to feel that this was a waste of time.  So many places have already been given out (DD heard recently - through Instagram no doubt - about places being offered to those who did well last year without having to audition/send in videos) and they will no doubt have to keep some for the applications that will come in right up to the deadline.  I was wondering if the decision not to move the summer school to the new premises is causing a problem.  The change to the new format was predicated on using the new studios.

We will remain hopeful until we hear but I will stop refreshing and get back to enjoying half-term!

So we managed to get a DVD done and off to ENB.  I thought the web site said a response within two weeks but I can't find this now and we have been told that we wont hear anything before the start of April.  Anyone else heard anything back about a date for outcomes?  I did see that they had an international audition for summer school this week.  I am beginning to think this wasn't worth the effort and cost.  I know RBS is also a long shot but at least, for now, they only ask for photos.  Feeling quite despondent for DD.  :mellow:

We have, so far, managed to avoid the dreaded video. Know it will catch up with us soon though and having nightmares already. Like you say, such a lot of effort, time, money for studio hire etc. So many of the schools requiring this now and as Dd gets older and wants more international experience, there’s no escape.

But you’ve got to be in it to win it, as the saying goes and although all these international auditions sound daunting and your mind can run wild, thinking you’ve no chance, it’s simply not true. Fingers crossed for your Dd.

33 minutes ago, valentina said:

We have, so far, managed to avoid the dreaded video. Know it will catch up with us soon though and having nightmares already. Like you say, such a lot of effort, time, money for studio hire etc. So many of the schools requiring this now and as Dd gets older and wants more international experience, there’s no escape.

But you’ve got to be in it to win it, as the saying goes and although all these international auditions sound daunting and your mind can run wild, thinking you’ve no chance, it’s simply not true. Fingers crossed for your Dd.

Thank you - you are right.  I would love a summer school abroad - for me as much as DD so maybe next year.  Ideas welcome - somewhere warm and sunny with good food and wine and nothing to do but read.  Usual dance mum territory - but swapping the bad weather and coffee and cake!  :)

PS - It does say three weeks on the web site but April is still nearer five - I don't get any more patient as I get older - that's for sure! :rolleyes:  DD as usual will take it in her stride!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone's 14/15/16 year old DD going for the first two weeks of the summer school like to chat/make friends with my DD.  She is 15 and doesn't know anyone going - it might make things a bit easier if she knew someone also going on the first two weeks.  Shes quiet and shy, loves books and animals!  PM if interested :)

On 26/02/2019 at 17:36, Newdancermum said:

Thank you - you are right.  I would love a summer school abroad - for me as much as DD so maybe next year.  Ideas welcome - somewhere warm and sunny with good food and wine and nothing to do but read.  Usual dance mum territory - but swapping the bad weather and coffee and cake!  :)

PS - It does say three weeks on the web site but April is still nearer five - I don't get any more patient as I get older - that's for sure! :rolleyes:  DD as usual will take it in her stride!

Daughter did Princess Grace SS few years ago and we holidayed in Nice. 

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, KarenP said:

Just an email to say we are still on the waiting list and would hear more 1st may. Did you?

Yes wait list for us too - wondering how high the numbers go up to!  All I can say is we are going to withdraw!  Sorry to say that I am not sure it will help anyone out though!

Would love to know if anyone who applied from January received a place.  From what I was told the move of the course back to the old premises has meant the new format doesn't easily fit.  Saying that when the new format was announced the staff didn't know how it would work out!

Feeling cynical about even applying next year. :unsure:

Got an email saying my DS was number 1 on the waitlist.  We never went to the audition in the end and so they have only seen photos.  Really really bizarre!   They must be desperate for boys if the email wasn’t sent in error!!! 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DanceMomma said:

Anyone on the waitlist had an update? 

Yes we have heard back but I wouldn't call it an update - still in the same place on the wait list with an update in June!  Has anyone been made an offer recently or moved up?  DD's friends have pulled out as they felt too high on the list (and have now booked course elsewhere) but we have since heard that it went into the hundreds!  Why are so many being kept hanging on?!  We have nothing to lose so will hang on in there but I am looking around for a week of dance and hopefully a holiday in the sun - if we can get the two together all the better! ;)

Does anyone know what is going on with ENB SS?