Paul Taylor, RIP

As Alison reminds, Taylor's work may be unfamiliar to many more recent British dance goers who may not have had a chance to step outside UK boundaries.  Here is Auréole danced by members of the Royal Danish Ballet with a certain past RB alum, Rudolf Nureyev:

I wonder what (if any) Taylor is in the RB's or - perhaps more like BRB - rep ... and if they might consider reviving it on a one off basis next season in homage ... especially as so many new dance works in these companies are by choreographers whose background hails directly from the modern dance tradition of which - it is being said - Paul Taylor was the last of the generation of founding/defining titans of the art form (aside Graham, Limon, Cunningham, St. Denis, Ailey, etc.)  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 14:58, alison said:

One of my greatest dance regrets is that we've seen so little of his company - and his work - in the UK this century :( 

From today's Links, sad to see that a number of dancers have decided to retire from the company: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/06/arts/paul-taylor-dance.html

Even sadder that, because of his company's trips to the UK having been so few in recent years, I hardly know most of them :(