Contemporary/creative ballet - The London Ballet Company School

AdageKitty

Hi everyone!

My DD has just completed The London Ballet Company summer intensive for the second year now, and has been reaccepted as TLBC Associate from September as well so just wanted to give a huge shout out to the Director, Sophie and her team who have just been amazing!

The Associates run once a month on Sundays in Battersea and it’s an excellent addition to existing ballet training to get the creative juices flowing and for anyone who is interested in contemporary ballet. Another one of their amazing features is YoBallet which focusses on strengthening the core and using all the right muscles.

They also have a school in Wimbledon that is worth checking out (although we don’t currently attend as it quite a distance for us) but what’s different about them is that they don’t follow any strict syllabus and work by strengthening and stretching the right muscles and correcting posture to get the best results.

Just had to post as it’s been a little secret of my DD for a while now and she comes out beaming after every session :) The facilities are of an excellent standard too and since I ran a search and couldn’t find any posts on them so I thought I’d get the word out there.

4 hours ago, AdageKitty said:

Hi everyone!

My DD has just completed The London Ballet Company summer intensive for the second year now, and has been reaccepted as TLBC Associate from September as well so just wanted to give a huge shout out to the Director, Sophie and her team who have just been amazing!

The Associates run once a month on Sundays in Battersea and it’s an excellent addition to existing ballet training to get the creative juices flowing and for anyone who is interested in contemporary ballet. Another one of their amazing features is YoBallet which focusses on strengthening the core and using all the right muscles.

They also have a school in Wimbledon that is worth checking out (although we don’t currently attend as it quite a distance for us) but what’s different about them is that they don’t follow any strict syllabus and work by strengthening and stretching the right muscles and correcting posture to get the best results.

Just had to post as it’s been a little secret of my DD for a while now and she comes out beaming after every session :) The facilities are of an excellent standard too and since I ran a search and couldn’t find any posts on them so I thought I’d get the word out there.

Can you tell me the name

of the school in Wimbledon? One of dd’s friends would be interested, I think, and it’s the right area for her.

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Contemporary/creative ballet - The London Ballet Company School
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My daughter had her first associates session at The London Ballet Company today and absolutely loved it - she’s trained in other more ‘ well known ‘ ballet schools also however this company has something different - a really lovely energetic creative and modern style which she thrives with and she really enjoyed the  yo ballet element also - this associates program is perfect for her in her GCSE year she already trains for many hours at her local school So having this additional expertise and nurturing once a month will be perfect for developing extra skills and confidence and opportunities alongside that training - she mentioned how lovely and friendly the teachers and other associates were - we’re very much looking forward to her time with TLBC ! 

Edited by Joanna H
Grammar