En Pointe Orthotics ( EPO)

Domino25

Four or five years ago I’m sure I remember a mother on here who had trained in the fitting of pointe shoe orthotics. Believe the family transferred here from Australia for her Dd to train. I’m not having any luck searching site for any relevant posts. 

Do remember there being information about them in Dancique a couple of years ago. 

• Like 2

Thanks for that Jane. I emailed EPO in Australia and apparently there are quite a few people interested in becoming fitters in the UK. They've added me to the list to notify when somebody is available. I found another company in California called Perfect Pointe. They sell the kit to create your own Orthotics. Looks relatively simple to do so going to give it a whirl! 

8 hours ago, Jane said:

Four or five years ago I’m sure I remember a mother on here who had trained in the fitting of pointe shoe orthotics. Believe the family transferred here from Australia for her Dd to train. I’m not having any luck searching site for any relevant posts. 

Do remember there being information about them in Dancique a couple of years ago. 

I think it was Pastel you're thinking of, Jane.  I'm not sure she's still in the UK? Here's the thread from 2015 but the website link no longer works, which makes me think Pastel's no longer working here:

Pastel is now back in Sydney with her family....but know her daughter who is still dancing mainly in Europe uses these and has never looked back!!

i looked into it when considering doing a bit of pointe again and certainly would be the only way I would go at my age and with my feet if was doing pointe but decided against it anyway.

its rather expensive as everything very individually fitted and made etc ....well over£100 from what I can remember but may well be worth it for people with difficult feet.