Ballet shoes for wide feet

Dancing feet

I’m hoping one of the lovely posters on here can help. My DD has wide feet and i’m Struggling to get her a new pair of ballet shoes. The ones we tried this am that didn’t feel to tight looked like flippers on her!! How wide are the Capezio ww fitting? Any help gratefully received. 

DD has wide feet !!!

She likes so danca SD16 split sole in canvas, who do a wide fitting, and I think capezio also do a wide fit. 

A few years ago, she had a lovely pair of bloch split soles with leather at the front and neoprene at the back and heel. They were expensive though, and she only got them as needed shoes ASAP and they were the only ones the shop had, that fitted. ( LOL, that was the last time we went to that shop, as i can't believe they didn't have ANYTHING else in her size except these ones! )

I now tend to buy starlite flexi canvas shoes, and although they are not very wide, they do seem a good fit, and I order several pairs at a time! 

good luck!

I have wide feet (a pointe shoe fitter once commented that they are almost as wide as they are long 😳) and really like the Capezio Hanami stretch canvas split soles. The suede pad under the toes is wide and flat, which is a big plus for me. I'm not sure of the width fitting - I just order them in my normal shoe size from dancewear.co.uk - but they're comfortable from the get-go. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

DS has pretty wide feet and always found the best fit and look for him was grishko widest fitring split sole canvas I *think* style 6 but it might be 5 that are split sorry we haven't bought them in a while as he got a sack of  shoes donated to him by tsiskaridze who still gets his hand made by the bolshoi shoe dept and is same size and similar arch to DS (it was like the best ever Christmas present!!)....but talking of arch I think these are particularly good if you have a  big arch which DS does have. Also not always easy to source tho I am pretty sure just dance stocks them? 

Have to say it's a real joy when they join a company and have shoes supplied. ... must be even.more.wonderful for parents of girls- ouch the cost of point shoes!!!

• Like 4

I'm so glad I read this thread! This year I've returned to adult ballet after 15 years away. I bought some second-hand shoes and they are too big. I had some Hanamis put away for DD but her feet stopped growing and they were half a size too big. I'm a whole size bigger than her but after reading that Hanamis were suggested here (she doesn't have wide feet), I tried them on and unbelievably they fit my wide size 4 feet just as well as they almost fit her average-width size 3 feet!

So here is a huge endorsement for Hanamis! The 6.5 is a snug fit on my feet, as a guide for fitting :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know that this thread is for wide feet, but I also want to share in the hanami love and say that they work perfectly for very narrow feet as well! I wear my pointe shoes in an X width and I also wear hanamis and I adore them. I don't know how they've made them so stretchy yet so snug but I don't think I'm ever going back.

• Like 1