FAVOURITE

Favouritism is generally considered a bad thing in the UK, implying unfair advantage or preferential treatment. As associated with 'teacher's pet in schools'. If favourite's were, however allowed, has anyone considered what would be their own candidates. This could be applied to either Artists or Productions. I think I could secretly put forward Ekaterina Kondaurova and possibly La Bayedere, if of course it were allowed and it didn't infringe on my policy of 'no favourites'.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/07/2018 at 18:15, Rob S said:

I couldn't possibly say, but you're welcome to guess if you fee(l) lucky.

On 29/07/2018 at 18:15, Rob S said:

I couldn't possibly say, but you're welcome to guess if you fee(l) lucky.

It looks like Rob could be in for Darcey Bussell👍 and La Bayadere 😋, if not mistaken ???

33 minutes ago, Stevie said:

It looks like Rob could be in for Darcey Bussell👍 and La Bayadere 😋, if not mistaken ???

Doesn't it depend on who else is dancing although there may be a recent name change?

52 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Hasn't your favourite recently got married but I don't know if she takes her husband's name?

Ok, that's cleared that up....hoping Stevie will be along to help my brain later. :lol:

9 hours ago, loveclassics said:

I'm assuming it's Mara.  One of my favourites too and still a very active performer though it's been far too many years since she was with the RB.

Linda

Don't you fee(l) you've missed a major clue with your choi(ce) of guess? If you are quickish you've got time for one more go. There's a smack on the way for anyone that says Bolle or Soares!!:lol:

• Like 3

On 19/08/2018 at 20:59, Rob S said:

How close was your guess......well, I watched Sylvia today and my favourite was in it....and so was Darcey. Do you fee(l) like guessing again? :P

No need to guess now, that clinches it. I think that Sylvia is the best legacy she has left on DVD & blu-ray, closely followed by the mirror scene in Vicar of Dibley. I only saw her once and I swear her legs stretched further above her head than mine do from the waste down. I applaude your choice and don't think Martin Harvey can match that.

BLU-RAY

5 minutes ago, Pas de Quatre said:

Most major competitions now have an audience favourite prize - so it's not an outlandish idea to have a favourites category!

Although finding out who the favourites are may be a little more transparent.  

I for one have rather enjoyed this thread, with Rob's clue from July 29 certainly appealing to my sense of quirkiness.