Autumn 2018/19 RB Booking Experience ..

37 minutes ago, alison said:

Incidentally, I opened my autumn tickets yesterday.  Apart from being shocked at some of the side amphi prices (I must have been going by colour, and not actually looked at the prices :( ), I noticed that the layout is a real mess:

Main Stage                Amphitheatre

LEVEL 5                      SEAT

DOOR|ROW/BOX      43

5C | H

Pity the poor ushers who have to work that out!

Some of us have been familiar with this layout for a while - they introduced it with the Ring cycle, which although it is in the 2018/19 season, opened for booking last October.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/08/2018 at 13:56, alison said:

Incidentally, I opened my autumn tickets yesterday.  Apart from being shocked at some of the side amphi prices (I must have been going by colour, and not actually looked at the prices :( ), I noticed that the layout is a real mess:

Main Stage

LEVEL 5                                  Amphitheatre

DOOR|ROW/BOX                   SEAT

5C | H                                      43

Pity the poor ushers who have to work that out!

You are absolutely right, Alison.  When I saw my latest lot of tickets, I jumped to the conclusion that I'd mistakenly bought a Box.

So many computer programmes these days pay little or no attention to the final interface with their public.  I was looking at my train tickets yesterday, trying to work out which was Inbound and which was the return.  Finally found it in tiny type.  

• Like 3