Royal Ballet 2018/2019 Winter Season Casting

Well the details in the other part of the website are still not amended!!

Also there is now a new problem!!

Yesterday it still showed ( on the BBB way of seeing the casting via the calendar) that on Feb 2nd at 7pm Takada/Hay would be dancing in Two Pigeons .....now today it is showing that Nunez and Hirano are dancing that day! 

In fact now I can't see any dates for Takada and Hay so looks like will have to send another email.

Interestingly in my reply today they said they had contacted the Ballet Company to confirm who would be dancing on the 12th. 

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just before I go to bed and am going to have another look at casting for Feb 2nd.....which originally only had one performance at 7pm that day but earlier today suddenly has acquired two performances!! 

Perhaps Takada and Hay have been reinstated!!

Well now only a few dates are coming out on that calendar so have no idea who is dancing on Feb2nd at 7pm as it isn't even shown any more!!! 

Is there a troll at work in the ROH website just trying to annoy everybody!! 

Edited by LinMM

6 hours ago, LinMM said:

Interestingly in my reply today they said they had contacted the Ballet Company to confirm who would be dancing on the 12th.  

Now there's a good idea.

I wish RB would set up their own website.......

• Like 2

Biggest question is not why these problems are happening but why the new site has gone live with them happening. I know from a PR point of view they must have wanted it to coincide with the Open Up project (though even that seems to have been unveiled slightly prematurely); but it is clearly simply not ready! And we're not talking about a little amateur group here; it's the ROH, and it's just not acceptable for them to have problems like this on their website.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, LinMM said:

Just before I go to bed and am going to have another look at casting for Feb 2nd.....which originally only had one performance at 7pm that day but earlier today suddenly has acquired two performances!! 

Perhaps Takada and Hay have been reinstated!!

Well now only a few dates are coming out on that calendar so have no idea who is dancing on Feb2nd at 7pm as it isn't even shown any more!!! 

Is there a troll at work in the ROH website just trying to annoy everybody!! 

As I recall there have always been 2 performances for Asphodel Meadows/Two Pigeons on the 2nd Feb. Anyway, if you are signed in for booking, the details showing are:

2pm Asphodel Meadows  -  Kaneko  Richardson  Magri Corrales Maeda Dyer          Two Pigeons - Choe Campbell Mendizabal  Edmonds

7pm Asphodel Meadows -   Nunez  Hirano  Morera  Bracewell  Hinkis  Acri              Two Pigeons -  Takada   Hay  Magri  Montano 

• Like 1

That is great thanks Richard. Way back in July / August I'm sure there was only a 7pm performance because I had thought it was a matinee and then discovered only one performance that day at 7pm!!! 

Honestly anything is possible at the moment but glad if they have added a matinee for people who live miles from London etc

Your above info is really helpful ...many thanks 😊

• Like 1

Oh this makes me laugh (hollowly). Just the idea of being able to book for any sort of cast more than a week in advance seems to be anathema to The Australian Ballet (mustn't forget to capitalise that "the"!). Given that for Melbourne I have to travel 350km (220 miles) each way and for Sydney 550km (350 miles) each way, I'd really like more than a lucky dip before booking accommodation and ballet tickets, not to mention either embarking on that drive or deciding to splash out on a plane ticket! And I am far from being the only out-of-town ballet fan! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, alison said:

Let's just confirm: there's still no winter pricing plan easily available anywhere for any of the productions, is there?

I’m afraid the only way to see the winter pricing is to look at the interactive seat map for every production.

They really like to make it as hard as possible for people to book, don't they?  Okay, I'll just have to carry on with putting my own together, then.  I have far better things I could be doing with my time - working included :( 

3 minutes ago, alison said:

They really like to make it as hard as possible for people to book, don't they?  Okay, I'll just have to carry on with putting my own together, then.  I have far better things I could be doing with my time - working included :( 

Come on Alison ...that must be more fun than work ! 🙂

Adding insult to injury, if you print off the Winter season from the calendar, as I thought I'd do since the ROH no longer provide us with proper printed ballet casting information, you get curtailed casting :(

I'm currently minded to take a screenshot of what it says on the production page on 31st October when I book, and then complain bitterly if the casting turns out not to be as shown and object to paying £4 to exchange tickets I wouldn't have bought if the casting had been shown correctly.

1 hour ago, alison said:

Adding insult to injury, if you print off the Winter season from the calendar, as I thought I'd do since the ROH no longer provide us with proper printed ballet casting information, you get curtailed casting :(

Several pages back, on August 3, bangorballetboy posted a link to the casting pdf.  I'll try to repeat it here and hope it works as copying the link brought up a different title to the one BBB used..  If it doesn't work, you can find his original post on page 4 of this thread.

http://www.balletcoforum.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=406

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Several pages back, on August 3, bangorballetboy posted a link to the casting pdf.  I'll try to repeat it here and hope it works as copying the link brought up a different title to the one BBB used..  If it doesn't work, you can find his original post on page 4 of this thread.

http://www.balletcoforum.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=406

But please remember that this is the version with Campbell erroneously paired with Hayward for a Two Pigeons matinee when she is, in fact, scheduled to dance with William Bracewell.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, capybara said:

But please remember that this is the version with Campbell erroneously paired with Hayward for a Two Pigeons matinee when she is, in fact, scheduled to dance with William Bracewell.

Many thanks for pointing that out, Capybara.  I'd quite forgotten!

Nicol Edmonds posted yesterday a pic (he recreated a pose from Infra with William Bracewell) where he confirmed to a follower that he will dance in "Infra".

Now we just need to know the other 11 dancers (plus 12 for a probably second cast). Probably we can also assume that William Bracewell will be dancing in Infra too (in Edmonds cast?), though there is no official confirmation.

Nicol Edmonds account is public, so even people who are not on Instagram can see his answer in his post. Hope this is okay.

4 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Does public booking for this open on Wednesday ( Oct 31st)? 

Otherwise presumably for Friends etc booking has been open for a while now.

Premium 2 Friends
4 September 2018, 9am

Premium 1 Friends
5 September 2018, 9am

Supporting Friends
12 September 2018, 9am

Friends Packages
13 September 2018, 9am

Friends+
25 September 2018, 9am

Friends
3 October 2018, 9am

Friends Rehearsals
10 October 2018, 9am

Friends Additional
17 October 2018, 9am

General Packages
23 October 2018, 9am

Student Priority
29 October 2018, 9am

General Booking
31 October 2018, 9am

• Like 1

Well at least your link does work for casting Bluebird!! 

Unfortunately now when I go to the website to Winter programme then calendar of events etc which was a couple of weeks ago bringing up all the ballets and casting for the winter season now just has a few dates selected so no longer has all the days there.

Am hoping for the same cast as you by the way  Aliceinwoolfland when booking opens on Wednesday!!