• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Newdancermum said:

Last minute panic! What is parking like at Herbal Hill? Thank you. 😬

parking  ?  

NCP saffron hill is the closest car park  accordign to Mr Google

herbal hill itself is a very  narrow double yellows both sides  lane  opening onto a  busy main road (Clerkenwell rd)

• Like 1

only just realised, while reading this thread, that there may be sunday rehearsals- or is the conscensus that this year the sundays have been dropped? i thought the list of rehearsal dates on the site was all there was, and it didn't cross my mind there would be extra days. are the sundays mentioned on this thread in addition to those rehearsals? not sure how Tring CBAs would feel about not having a terms' notice: equally would be very annoying to pay for tring and not attend.

for the touring company, are the rehearsal dates exactly the same as the main company? and when do they tour- obviously not the performance dates so when?! thank you in advance....

22 hours ago, Nicola H said:

parking  ?  

NCP saffron hill is the closest car park  accordign to Mr Google

herbal hill itself is a very  narrow double yellows both sides  lane  opening onto a  busy main road (Clerkenwell rd)

20 hours ago, margarite said:

Might be too late for your panic, but we always found free parking in the maze of streets behind Clerkenwell Road - Ray Street, Back Hill etc. Always found a spot pre 11am.

Thank you - we made it there on time found parking on the street (not nearly as busy in this part of London as I expected on a Sunday) and then got thoroughly drenched!

13 hours ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

only just realised, while reading this thread, that there may be sunday rehearsals- or is the conscensus that this year the sundays have been dropped? i thought the list of rehearsal dates on the site was all there was, and it didn't cross my mind there would be extra days. are the sundays mentioned on this thread in addition to those rehearsals? not sure how Tring CBAs would feel about not having a terms' notice: equally would be very annoying to pay for tring and not attend.

for the touring company, are the rehearsal dates exactly the same as the main company? and when do they tour- obviously not the performance dates so when?! thank you in advance....

There are a number of Sunday rehearsals showing on the schedule on the web site https://www.londonchildrensballet.com/files/7915/3183/8417/Rehearsal_Schedule_2018.pdf and virtually all will clash with CBA and most of the later ones with BBA.  The touring company dates used to be separate from what I know from DD's friend and depended on which tour you were in however with the later show date not sure anyone would have an insight into dates.

This year there are over 700 auditionees with over 120 in each of the younger age categories so good luck to everyone.

Thank you so much for the reassurance that this list is the complete list and it doesn’t run every Sunday from the New Year-  and as you say, huge number of entrants so we’re statistically unlikely to end up on the tour/ company anyway. We’d only miss 2 CBAs in the spring term and one in the summer and I understand they are ok as long as it’s no more than 2 per term. Becalmed...good luck to all our little hopefuls xx

17 hours ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

Thank you so much for the reassurance that this list is the complete list and it doesn’t run every Sunday from the New Year-  and as you say, huge number of entrants so we’re statistically unlikely to end up on the tour/ company anyway. We’d only miss 2 CBAs in the spring term and one in the summer and I understand they are ok as long as it’s no more than 2 per term. Becalmed...good luck to all our little hopefuls xx

Sorry to come back to this but it looked more than the two a term.  There are several Sundays - it is all of the dates listed not just the ones with Easter Holiday Rehearsal etc along side.  This is what we were told so unless they have said anything different to anyone else.

13 minutes ago, Newdancermum said:

Sorry to come back to this but it looked more than the two a term.  There are several Sundays - it is all of the dates listed not just the ones with Easter Holiday Rehearsal etc along side.  This is what we were told so unless they have said anything different to anyone else.

I think all of the CBA summer term clashes but taking everything one step at a time!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Confuddled said:

Is anyone else waiting for an e-mail this Friday?

Dd loved the experience and said it was a really friendly atmosphere, and she was most impressed to meet the original ‘Pauline’.

I hope more have been recalled...

Fingers crossed for your daughter, it is such a lovely experience xx

My 9yo recalled. We’re not hugely clued up on the process but from memory of reading the website those that didn’t progress beyond this stage another year received a masterclass with anna rose o Sullivan. Perhaps other forum members have more info (or I could go back to the website and read!) so definitely exciting to get this far whatever happens next.  Sure it was difficult to not take all of those beautiful ballet children through. Well done to all for giving it a go, whatever the outcome xx

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MAK said:

If memory serves me right, the masterclass is offered to all children that audition. But please correct me someone if I've got that wrong!

Good luck on Sunday 🍀

There was a flyer about a masterclass handed out at the first audition - maybe that was it? It was just before Christmas on a weekend that’s really busy for us, so I’m afraid I recycled it and don’t have the details any more.

Does anyone know how many are invited to the final audition and how many places there are (main cast and touring)?

Ps there were 30 girls in DD’s final last year (10 year olds) and another class mixed of 9 and 10 year olds. Of this group of 50-60 girls across these two classes,  15 were chosen for main cast. Not sure how many for tour. 

Please don’t take it as gospel, just a relatively informed guesstimate! 

Edited by margarite
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Confuddled said:

There was a flyer about a masterclass handed out at the first audition - maybe that was it? It was just before Christmas on a weekend that’s really busy for us, so I’m afraid I recycled it and don’t have the details any more.

Does anyone know how many are invited to the final audition and how many places there are (main cast and touring)?

Could be wrong but I think that was the nutcracker workshop which is open to all..

I was definitely talking about the Anna Rose O'Sullivan workshop in Feb as I know someone who attended it. Our dds are too old for the Nutcracker workshop so I didn't look into the details of that one.

Both my dds were invited to the Masterclass last year, one having got to Finals and one having been recalled on Day 1 but not in invited to Finals.

When I say "open to all" I mean open to all auditionees.

It might say on the website.

Edited by MAK
More details

17 hours ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

we're last-minute hotel booking for saturday night- on the hunt for recommendations from trusty forum members? good luck to all attending sunday x

Sorry not to be able to help as we are commuting distance and have not had to stay overnight before. I believe there is a Travelodge not too far away 

Good luck on Sunday to all the Finalists x

• Like 1

Dd thinks it didn’t go well - she’s had a very busy week and thinks she wasn’t at her best. Oh well.

Did anyone else find the audition result email went into their junk folder? Weirdly, all the other audition emails come straight through to my inbox without a problem, but I didn’t find that one until a day after it was sent.

13 hours ago, Confuddled said:

Dd thinks it didn’t go well - she’s had a very busy week and thinks she wasn’t at her best. Oh well.

Did anyone else find the audition result email went into their junk folder? Weirdly, all the other audition emails come straight through to my inbox without a problem, but I didn’t find that one until a day after it was sent.

Hopefully it went better than your DD thought 🙂.

Last year final results came by post rather than by email. The ladies registering the children yesterday said they were hoping to get them out this week if they could. Good luck!

DD got to finals in 2016 and 2017. She didn’t get a place the first year but I think it spurred her on even more and she got in last year. Everyone who gets to finals is good enough, but a lot of the final decisions are based on what type of dancers and personalities they need for the parts. I bet they’d love to cast everyone!

• Like 2

On 11/11/2018 at 09:50, MAK said:

I was definitely talking about the Anna Rose O'Sullivan workshop in Feb as I know someone who attended it. Our dds are too old for the Nutcracker workshop so I didn't look into the details of that one.

Both my dds were invited to the Masterclass last year, one having got to Finals and one having been recalled on Day 1 but not in invited to Finals.

When I say "open to all" I mean open to all auditionees.

It might say on the website.

My dd auditioned and didn't get through, but she's been invited to a Masterclass just for the auditionees on 3 Feb with Fiona Chadwick (former RB Principal) - very exciting!

• Like 2

My daughter thought they said Thursday for results, we have not heard anything and I can't find reference to a results date on the website, hopefully we will all know tomorrow.  Good luck everyone!  The audition experience was so positive and enjoyable.