Summer schools for adults?

drdance

I thought the above was for younger dancers more vocational students though?

There is a London based "company" called En Avant. You can google En Avant Ballet and see everything there. 

They have regular classes in London but also run residential courses abroad. They do have one coming up in Glasgow but recently had one in Jersey and I think have others planned. The trouble with residential ones is that they are very expensive but I suppose if you are prepared to treat this as your main holiday ( and partner doesn't complain) then it could work! 

It is harder to find adult courses where Accomodation would be provided. There are courses around UK but you would be expected to sort out your own accomodation 

Ballet Cymru has a summer school for 18+ with accommodation available as an option. It is aimed at the advanced or professional/graduate dancer though rather than general level and application videos/photos are assessed. My DD attended as a graduate and most of the others were graduates or professional dancers between contracts.

Not quite summer schools but for any adults looking for something a little different over the summer there are two taster evenings 7-9 for the RAD new Rep syllabus at the RAD headquarters in Battersea on August 21st and 28th ( both Tuesday's) You can attend just one or both and they cost £30 each. 

Could be useful for anyone just thinking of whether they might want to try this more regularly or not.

Its run by Michelle Harrison ( don't know her) of Cariad ballet based in London. Michelle usually teaches RAD syllabus classes generally over near the Elephant and Castle it seems. 

Ive booked on both of these now.