primrose

Oliver’s story

I have not been on this site for over a year now. Many members will remember my daughter Heather McGowan and her ballet journey at the Bolshoi in Russia. Some will also remember my youngest son Oliver who had mild additional needs as a result of meningitis. Sadly Oliver lost his life horrifically last year because doctors didn’t understand autism and how to make reasonable adjustments. I have launched a parliamentary petition and I hope admin don’t mind me asking members to sign. I have been a member of this group for 17 years and need your help. Please take just 30 seconds to sign Oliver’s petition please https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/221033

I’m so sorry read about the tragic early death of your son, Oliver. I’ve signed the petition. 

• Like 1

This is so sad. I have a family member with autism and there is too little understanding. Signed.

• Like 1

I had already signed this petition, dear Primrose, but I had no idea that Oliver was your son. Please accept my sincere condolences.

• Like 2

This definitely needs to be highlighted and addressed to prevent any other families experiencing this dreadful situation.  Signed today. 

My deepest and most sincere condolences.

• Like 1

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your son Primrose. Signed petition just now.

x

• Like 1

Just signed and hope it makes some difference.

• Like 1

I'm so very, very sorry for you loss Primrose.  I have signed and shared the petition.

Please accept my sincere condolences.  Jxx

• Like 2

My heart goes out to you and your family, Primrose.  My deepest condolences.

I've signed.

• Like 2

Such an unnecessary tragedy. 

Signed with heartfelt good wishes for you & your family Primrose

Bravely fight on! Xx

• Like 1

I, too, am so sorry to read this and have happily signed the petition. I really hope it helps make both the Governmwnt and, more importantly, doctors and consultants be more responsible of their actions and caring of their individual patients. 

• Like 1

I am so, so sorry to hear about this.  My daughter danced informally at an event yesterday organised by Agonyautie and there were posters and postcards up saying Remembering Oliver.  I wasn't able to be there as I had to take my son to an audition but I've got a feeling thery were collecting signatures.

• Like 1

Thankyou so much my ballet family. We are always there when we need each other. Can I ask if you have all received your emails to verify signatures. It often goes into your junk mail 

Sending you all so much love. I agree it feels like family here. I’m tearing up all over again thinking of you and your dear son. My eldest daughter has signed it too. She has ADHD and wants to do teenage mental health care. x

• Like 1

Perhaps we can all fwd the petition link to relevant people in our contacts and ask them to again fwd to theirs.... this is such a big issue that affects so many potentially. xx

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fiz said:

Sending you all so much love. I agree it feels like family here. I’m tearing up all over again thinking of you and your dear son. My eldest daughter has signed it too. She has ADHD and wants to do teenage mental health care. x

Thankyou Fiz

8 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Perhaps we can all fwd the petition link to relevant people in our contacts and ask them to again fwd to theirs.... this is such a big issue that affects so many potentially. xx

Thankyou that would be amazing. I have been doing this by myself and I’m becoming exhausted. There are so many investigations going on. Any help to get those signatures coming in would be appreciated x

Signed and shared .Sending my heart felt condolences ... so many of our young people being short changed when they need help, I'm so sorry that Oliver was failed by a system that is not fit for purpose where mental health is concerned.

• Like 1

Heartbreaking - signed and shared.  Looked such a beautiful boy, what a very great loss to you and your family. 

• Like 1

Sincere condolences and wishing you strength in highlighting the need for greater awareness of autism and the adjustments required.

• Like 1

I have signed and am sending you my heartfelt condolences, Primrose. Oliver’s story is heartbreaking and I sincerely hope that changes are made xx

• Like 1

This is so heartbreaking- so deeply sorry for your loss - signed 💕 Xxxx

• Like 1