Oliver’s story

primrose

I've been thinking about you today @primrose, we know of two families that lost children in young adulthood to illness so different circumstances to Oliver. Is there any support group for families that have lost loved ones due to medical negligence?

My heart goes out to your family knowing this was preventable but if you can connect with families that have been through a similar loss it might just help in some small way X

• Like 1

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou Fiz. I’m exhausted fighting for justice for Oliver. I’m determined his petition will succeed but I still need another 70,000 signatures. I’m very active on twitter but just don’t know where else to push this

• Like 1

When you first posted it, I thought about suggesting we move it to Not Dance in order to reach a wider audience, but then I thought you might then not get the support of all the Doing Dance people.  Let me think about it.

18 minutes ago, alison said:

When you first posted it, I thought about suggesting we move it to Not Dance in order to reach a wider audience, but then I thought you might then not get the support of all the Doing Dance people.  Let me think about it.

Alison it’s wonderful having the support of everybody on this site. It’s a site that feels like a real family where we all run to support each other. We sometimes disagree and even fall out but it never lasts for long. I used to log into this group every day for about 14 years. I’m now needing you all to help me with Oliver’s petition. Many members knew of Oliver as I did mention him from time to time 

Edited by primrose
  • Like 1

Signed. So very sorry for your loss. In this day and age there simply are no excuses. My heart goes out to you and your family. 

Ill share wherever I can via social media.

could we have this as a pinned post at the top of the forum maybe? 

Thankyou so much. As a grieving mum I’m just shattered and heartbroken. I am determined Oliver’s death will not be ignored especially when he should be at college doing his sports course. This training is so important. I would embrace Oliver’s petition to be pinned at the top but who can authorise that

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tatasmum said:

I've just  shared this in two Facebook groups that have a combined membership of 80k members. 

Thankyou so much. If people sign can you please ask if they have received their email to verify their signatures as it’s often sent to junk mail 

On 17/07/2018 at 03:22, primrose said:

Thankyou so much. As a grieving mum I’m just shattered and heartbroken. I am determined Oliver’s death will not be ignored especially when he should be at college doing his sports course. This training is so important. I would embrace Oliver’s petition to be pinned at the top but who can authorise that

It is a good idea for it to be pinned at the top, I’m sure our fantastic moderators can help with it. 

It is a very important petition and you are a long term forum member who helped many of us countless times! I’m sure everyone would like to support you if they have the chance to see this post. 

• Like 1

I've been sharing too albeit to much smaller network I'm afraid but very sympathetic due to our links both personal and work wise with people on the autistic spectrum.

There are no words that are adequate to comfort you Primrose but please know that there are many people out there who are trying to at least highlight your cause. I sincerely hope that the required number of signatures is reached. (Mine has been verified.)

I have shared this on Facebook and Twitter too as well as my M.P. Unfortunately she said that Parliamentary rules are very strict and she is not allowed to involve herself with another M.P’s constituent. She did ask me what other avenues you had tried, Primrose. I’m sorry not to be of more help. xxx

• Like 1

12 hours ago, taxi4ballet said:

I've shared the petition link on FB now too. My friend has a son of 16 with autism.

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:22, Billyelliott said:

I’ve also just managed to figure out how share it on my face book page ❤️

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 08:44, Tatasmum said:

I've just  shared this in two Facebook groups that have a combined membership of 80k members. 

We need a "thumbs up" smiley.

I think, actually, that's the way to go - branching out from this forum and getting the word spread more widely.  People here are supportive, of course, but our numbers are limited.  I'd share too if I were actually on social media :( 

• Like 2

I have shared the petition again on my own Facebook page. I know sometimes posts aren't seen but the minute I share a family photo everyone can see it. I am disappointed by the response of my own friends. 

• Like 1