Oliver’s story

primrose

I have not been on this site for over a year now. Many members will remember my daughter Heather McGowan and her ballet journey at the Bolshoi in Russia. Some will also remember my youngest son Oliver who had mild additional needs as a result of meningitis. Sadly Oliver lost his life horrifically last year because doctors didn’t understand autism and how to make reasonable adjustments. I have launched a parliamentary petition and I hope admin don’t mind me asking members to sign. I have been a member of this group for 17 years and need your help. Please take just 30 seconds to sign Oliver’s petition please https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/221033

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou I knew I could rely on the members in this group. Can I ask you all to check your email to verify your signature it often goes in the junk mail Please. This is what happened to my beautiful son https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/full-story-day-oliver-mcgowan-1474471.amp

Edited by primrose

I, too, am so sorry to read this and have happily signed the petition. I really hope it helps make both the Governmwnt and, more importantly, doctors and consultants be more responsible of their actions and caring of their individual patients. 

• Like 1

Sending you all so much love. I agree it feels like family here. I’m tearing up all over again thinking of you and your dear son. My eldest daughter has signed it too. She has ADHD and wants to do teenage mental health care. x

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fiz said:

Sending you all so much love. I agree it feels like family here. I’m tearing up all over again thinking of you and your dear son. My eldest daughter has signed it too. She has ADHD and wants to do teenage mental health care. x

Thankyou Fiz

8 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Perhaps we can all fwd the petition link to relevant people in our contacts and ask them to again fwd to theirs.... this is such a big issue that affects so many potentially. xx

Thankyou that would be amazing. I have been doing this by myself and I’m becoming exhausted. There are so many investigations going on. Any help to get those signatures coming in would be appreciated x

Signed and shared .Sending my heart felt condolences ... so many of our young people being short changed when they need help, I'm so sorry that Oliver was failed by a system that is not fit for purpose where mental health is concerned.

• Like 1

Oh Primrose, I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful son. My heart goes out to you. I have a mildly autistic son and they are so vulnerable. I have already signed this petition, I’m so sorry to hear it is your son. I hope the petition has a positive outcome. Sending much love to you x 

• Like 1