Leotard advice (degas)

shygirlsmum

I have read lots of posts about buying and selling on of degas leotards and wondered what is it that makes them so special.  DD wears lots of different brands, some nicer/more flattering than others, DD particularly likes high legged designs.  DD starts senior associates in September and kit list just says black leotard (I haven’t actually read properly, just skimmed it so I might have this wrong)  but assuming haven’t misunderstood I was considering trying a degas, so I would be interested to hear thoughts on what sets Degas apart from other brands.

Sgm, I have two Degas leotards and they are my favourite ones. The colours and the material are beautiful. The leotards are soft and fit like a glove. They make me feel like a dancer. Best of all, despite being artificial fibre, they don’t get damp no matter how hard you work. They are amazing. 

They are beautiful but just a word of caution - I don't think many places stock them in the UK (Just Ballet do) and when we ordered ours (for US auditions) they (degas) were quite slow fulfilling orders. Sheila from Just Ballet was brilliant in chasing up but was a bit hair raising! Still one of her favourite leotards, perfect for auditions I would say and worth the wait but order in plenty of time if needed for a specific date! 

Hi Shygirlsmum

Degas Leo’s are cut for a dancer’s body shape :) Nice high legs, particularly style 9502. We are the UK stockist so do message me if you have any specific questions. You can view a wide range of them on our website and they also do lovely warm ups too. 

The lead time can be long if you want a specific style/size/colour that we don’t have in stock. Summer is the worst as the factory closes for the whole of August.

I’m back in the shop on Thursday if you would like me to check stock on any particular leo :)

Best Wishes

sheila x

• Like 1