Sign in to follow this  
Ian Macmillan

Homepage display using Chrome

Since earlier this morning, when all was as normal, I now find that the righthand panel on our homepage has vanished and a list of 'New Topics' has appeared underneath the Member and Forum Statistics boxes.  Something similar has also occurred on the Great War Forum, a site that also uses an InVision software package.  This has happened using my customary Chrome browser on a Mac.  All looks as usual, however, on both Firefox and Safari.

Am I alone in this?  If not, anyone with an explanation of what may have occurred?

Just opened up in chrome and both pages look the same to me.  Sorry Ian.

Looks the same as usual on IE11, too.

The display issue remains and I see that I've now defaulted to a larger 16-point font size as well - still no idea why any of this has happened, and I've certainly not made any changes myself.

Selecting 14 thankfully returns things to normal.

What happens if you make the window wider? The position of the right hand components shifts to the bottom when you narrow the window.

Posted (edited)

John, I fear that makes no difference ..... but this has all happened in the normal 14-point font size!  These fluctuations are beyond me.

Edit:  About 2 minutes later, the normal view has restored itself, all unaided by anything I've done.  Remarkable!  Poltergeists??

Edited by Ian Macmillan
Amazement!