Vocational schools GCSE results

sarahw

Yeh I was wondering how they did it at voc schools! As generally people live away from the school, then the email came today! We don’t have anyone that can call in! So we’re really hoping we could request an email! We’re out of the country so a phone call wouldn’t do either!! 

Not quite Vocational but at a regular academic school, if a pupil can’t attend personally to receive their GCSE results ie holidays, the pupil provides the school a stamped addressed envelope for the results to be posted to them instead and at an address of choice. At least the results are in writing rather than over the phone which could cause some confusion 

Worth considering. 

• Like 1

I second that, results have never been available over the phone at the various state and private schools of which I have knowledge; in fact there has usually been an expectation that arrangements are made for each pupil to attend in person unless absolutely impossible. Obviously at a vocational school where many pupils board and may live some distance away that may have been different. 

20 hours ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

We’ve just been told that results will not be released over the phone or by email this year. 

That’s not very helpful to those living a distance away. I would have thought that it was relatively easy to have agreed a system of ensuring they are speaking to the right person, so that calls can be made on the day or even emailed to a pre agreed address. Let’s hope it gets sorted for those poor students and their families where it will have significant impact if they either have to travel or wait additional days for the post. 

8 hours ago, Karen said:

That’s not very helpful to those living a distance away. I would have thought that it was relatively easy to have agreed a system of ensuring they are speaking to the right person, so that calls can be made on the day or even emailed to a pre agreed address. Let’s hope it gets sorted for those poor students and their families where it will have significant impact if they either have to travel or wait additional days for the post. 

Indeed. I’m lucky in that I live close enough though I will have to book a day off work as husband is not allowed to drive at the moment but it will be difficult for many. 

• Like 1