English youth ballet - Buxton audition

dancertaxi

2 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

I have 2 students auditioning this evening. One very determined senior who narrowly missed out on the scholarship last time! 

Good luck to your DD hope the result comes through quickly for you! 

Good luck to them both. 

My dd was really hoping to participate in the class - do you have any juniors attending? If so, could you share a few of the things they Do? 

I have one junior going this evening so will check in with her later this evening and let you know. If I remember rightly from last time the entire class was in the centre and there is a set step they had to demonstrate for the scholarship bit, I remember a Waltz definitely being mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Bluebird22 said:

My Junior has just been in touch- she has a place! 

Audition comprised of Ports de Bras, pirouettes, plies and leaps amongst other things! 

Thats fantastic congrats to your Junior bluebird. 

Awww my dd will be gutted she loves ports de Bras and pirouettes. 

Hopefully we ll get some good news soon. 

Thankyou bluebird

4 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

My senior got through to the scholarship part again but lost out! Second time she’s lost out and both times to brunettes!!

Oh dear - a fantastic achievement to get through to scholarship again though. 

Congratulations 🎊 

• Like 1

Wow that is a lot! There were 52 seniors last night - but I’m sure the amount they take depends on the venue. Buxton doesn’t have a very big stage so I’m sure I remember being told previously that the cast is smaller at Buxton than our local venue in Stoke. 

8 minutes ago, hoglett said:

Fingers crossed @dancertaxi.

Thanks hoglett.  

I m not hopeful now as she said today and I havent heard. 

Its fine dd prob has too much on anyway so would be a juggle. 

Next time will be a definite try and attend the audition as thats what dd likes. 

11 minutes ago, dancertaxi said:

Thanks hoglett.  

I m not hopeful now as she said today and I havent heard. 

Its fine dd prob has too much on anyway so would be a juggle. 

Next time will be a definite try and attend the audition as thats what dd likes. 

Hey...don't give up just yet but what will be will be.  

On 13/06/2018 at 18:54, hoglett said:

Hey...don't give up just yet but what will be will be.  

We have both given up :)

dd said this evening she gathers it's a no as they didnt email when they said they would. 

If I get the courtesy of an email that would be good but as cinderella starts next week I m guessing this Fri/sat/sun will be show prep stuff. 

1 minute ago, dancertaxi said:

We have both given up :)

dd said this evening she gathers it's a no as they didnt email when they said they would. 

If I get the courtesy of an email that would be good but as cinderella starts next week I m guessing this Fri/sat/sun will be show prep stuff. 

Oh no...that's so annoying.  Have you checked your spam?!

Just now, hoglett said:

Oh no...that's so annoying.  Have you checked your spam?!

Yes I ve double checked email inbox and spam..I only use a particular email address for dance only stuff so things are easy to find. 

More annoyed with lack of reply than getting a no. 

Hi Dancertaxi

I can understand your frustration 😟

Why don't you email Miss Lewis and ask when you might hear  - I am sure she must understand that your DD is finding the wait difficult .

(That said I emailed Miss Lewis this evening and have received a reply so you may still hear tonight 😀)

Really hoping it's good news !

LO

5 minutes ago, Littleone said:

Hi Dancertaxi

I can understand your frustration 😟

Why don't you email Miss Lewis and ask when you might hear  - I am sure she must understand that your DD is finding the wait difficult .

(That said I emailed Miss Lewis this evening and have received a reply so you may still hear tonight 😀)

Really hoping it's good news !

LO

I may email tomorrow morning - it may prompt a response of some description though I m sure if it was a yes we d have heard. 

In my education world the expectation of responding by our own stated deadline is faily indicative of reliability /service. So I m not impressed really. 

Hey ho... We shall endeavor to attend an audition at some point in the coming years. 

Good luck to all those in the new production next week x

8 hours ago, Littleone said:

I also believe in the importance of 'management of expectations' ...but some people less so ...... I do hope you hear soon x

I have emailed the info@ and cc misslewis@ this morning. 

Oh how I love this world of Dance! 

• Like 1