Bolshoi in cinema - Coppelia June 10th

CeliB

In case anyone is going to see this anyway- watch out for DS dancing the Mazurka. The cast list on the Bolshoi website doesn't have him down but he's def performing (has just signed a form to allow him to get some extra cash because its being filmed - hurrah!)

Maybe should post this in another forum but I thought this is the forum most people know us/him from... Mods feel free to move if you think appropriate...

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, CeliB said:

In case anyone is going to see this anyway- watch out for DS dancing the Mazurka. The cast list on the Bolshoi website doesn't have him down but he's def performing (has just signed a form to allow him to get some extra cash because its being filmed - hurrah!)

Maybe should post this in another forum but I thought this is the forum most people know us/him from... Mods feel free to move if you think appropriate...

Will look forward to watching him xx

Ha ha well in that hilarious wig and moustache even his own mother almost didn't recognise him! But he came out at the very beginning and warmed up just behind the presenter backstage for our benefit ( actually I did spot him by his legs and feet too!). Once the mazurka started to be honest they were all flying around so fast it was impossible to see anyone in particular. I did enjoy the whole performance anyway though ...and it was nice to get his ongoing text updates from the dressing room as it went on 😊

Edited by CeliB
  • Like 9

Coppelia live stream is available on the Bolshoi media channel until 10 pm tonight (8 pm our time)

If you go on to the Bolshoi website there is a little red theatre icon top right where you log in. You need to create an account but its really worth it (if you like the Bolshoi!)  as you can then access lots of nice Bolshoi media in the future.

Mods- not sure if I should post this in performances? Do move if you think its more useful info to put there ...

• Like 2

Had to miss this was in London seeing Swan Lake! But thanks for the info about the Bolshoi live streaming thingy you can sign up to I will certainly do this will look out for any further film showings as well.